The first Senior Research Lecturers /Extension Specialists Appointed
The eleven senior research lecturers – extension specialists gathered, here with assistant vice-chancellor Johan Schnürer and extension coordinators Sara Brännström and Marnie Demant. (Photo: Jenny Svennås-Gillner)
Last tuesday, the first eleven senior research lecturers – extension specialists appointed at SLU were gathered for a kick-off at Campus Ultuna. The eleven appointed are all lecturers in their scientific fields, now also with extension tasks.
“This is a unique venture where cooperation is in focus”, says Johan Schnürer, assistant vice-chancellor for cooperation at SLU. “The extension specialists are active in research and have a base in science. But they are also chosen for their abilities to develop a dialogue with the surrounding society.”
SLU actively invests in developing cooperation with the surrounding society. The ambition is to both be of benefit to the development of knowledge among SLU´s stakeholders as well as society at large. The lecturers will also function as ambassadors of SLU externally and they have knowledge and an interest in SLU´s activities within the field of biological natural resources.
Senior research lecturers – extension specialists at SLU:
• Bengt Persson, landscape planning
• Anders Herlin, building functions
• Anna Schnürer, bioenergy
• Jens Sundström, biotechnology
• Johan Arvidsson, soil physics
• Åse Sternesjö, food quality
• Lars Andersson, plant production
• Lars Edenius, wildlife ecology, esp. hoof animals
• Johan Bergh, forest management and climate effect restrictions
• Sofia Boqvist, food safety and risk analysis
• Magdalena Jacobsson, livestock diseases
Seven more lecturers will be appointed later this spring.