Mission, vision, values and strategies
Here, we present SLU's mission, vision, values, objectives and strategies.
SLU develops the understanding and sustainable use and management of biological natural resources.
This is achieved by research, education and environmental monitoring and assessment, in collaboration with the surrounding community.
SLU is a world-class university in the fields of life and environmental sciences.
Values for SLU
SLU values express the organisation's common fundamental values. These provide guidance in everyday life, by describing what the starting point for you actiivity is, for contacts with the outside world, and how we behave towards each other and others. All SLU employees are included in these values.The fundamental values are:
- scientific approach
In addition to these four fundamental values, there are six fundamental principles:
- objectivity, factuality and equal treatment
- free formation of opinions
- efficiency and service.
SLU has the following common objectives:
- Operations are of the highest international class, characterised by strong links between education and research.
- Research, education and environmental monitoring are pursued in collaboration with selected higher education institutions and sectors, and the wider society.
- Research findings are known and used in society.
- There is a strong international dimension, for example by strategic collaboration with universities and research institutes abroad.
- We contribute to strengthening Sweden’s position as a knowledge nation and contribute to the development of the sustainable use and management of natural resources.
- Our students and employees have a work environment and working conditions that are among the most attractive.
- The organisation functions well, has distinct leadership and uses resources efficiently.
- Gender equality and diversity perspectives have a strong position throughout operations.
- Employees and students are our best ambassadors.
SLU's new strategy is valid from January 1, 2017.
Until then, the strategy Future challenges is valid, see below.
Future challenges, SLU's strategy 2013-2016
SLU's strategy Future challenges is valid from 2013 to the end of 2016. During this period SLU will focus on the priority areas A bio-based economy and Environment, health and life quality.
SLU is expected to contribute to the solutions of several of the global challenges, e.g. urbanisation, food secutity, zoonoses and climate change, mainly within these two priority areas:
- A bio-based economy.
- Environment, health and life quality.
- Mission, vision and values (page at the staff web)