I work as researcher and lecturer at Section for Parasitology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Public Health, SLU. My primary research interests reside in biology, epidemiology and control of liver fluke Fasciola hepatica in ruminants. I am also interested in plant anthelmintics and deer fluke Fascioloides magna.
- Course leader of Parasitology within Infection Biology master program, Uppsala University and SLU
- Course leader of Food Hygiene within Infection Biology master program, Uppsala University and SLU
- Lectures and leading of lab work in Veterinary Parasitology courses for veterinary students, veterinary technicians, Animal Science students
- Supervision of master students
- Assessment of master degree projects
- The Swedish Research Council for Environment, Agricultural Sciences and Spatial Planning (FORMAS, 2016-00510): 2017-2019, The common liver fluke in dairy cattle – its infection dynamics and impact on milk production (principal investigator)
- Swedish Foundation for Agricultural Research: 2014-2016, Strategic control program against fasciolosis and monitoring of resistance against Fasciola hepatica in Sweden (contract no. H1350023) (co-investigator)
- 7th Framework Programme of the EU (GLOWORM, Project FP7-KBBE-2012-288975); title: Innovative and sustainable strategies to mitigate the impact of global change on helminth infections in ruminants (participant in one of work packages of the project)
- Swedish Foundation for Agricultural Research: 2011-2012, Epidemiology of Fasciola hepatica in Swedish livestock (contract no. H1050003) (co-investigator)
- Grant of Higher Education Development Fund FRVS in Czech Republic 805/G3/2005: Experimental infection of goats with Fascioloides magna - pathogenesis and serological diagnosis (principal investigator)
- Internal Grant of University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Brno (IGA VFU Brno 7/2004/FVHE): The occurrence and control of fascioloidosis in wild ruminants in the Czech Republic (principal investigator)
Education and degree
- 1997 - 2003 Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno, Czech Republic
- 2003 - 2007 Ph. D. in Diseases of Wildlife and Zoo Animals, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno, Czech Republic
- 2007 - 2009 Test-Line Clinical Diagnostics, Brno, Czech Republic
- 2009 - 2010 University of Copenhagen, Denmark (post-doc)
- 2010 - 2012 SLU, BVF (post-doc)
- 2012 - present SLU, BVF (researcher and lecturer)
Publikationer i urval
Author of 23 peer-reviewed publications in journals with impact factor (first paper published in 2006), h-index=10.
Novobilský A., Amaya Solis N., Skarin M., Höglund J., 2016. Assessment of flukicide efficacy against Fasciola hepatica in sheep in Sweden in the absence of a standardised test. International Journal for Parasitology: Drugs and Drug Resistance, 6 (3), 141–147.
Novobilský A., Höglund J., 2015. First report of closantel treatment failure against Fasciola hepatica in cattle. International Journal for Parasitology: Drugs and Drug Resistance 5 (3), 172–177.
Novobilský A., Novák J., Björkman C., Höglund J., 2015. Impact of meteorological and environmental factors on the spatial distribution of Fasciola hepatica in beef cattle herds in Sweden. BMC Veterinary Research 11, 128.
Novobilský A., Kašný M., Beran L., Rondelaud D., Höglund J., 2013. Lymnaea palustris and Lymnaea fuscus are potential but uncommon intermediate hosts of Fasciola hepatica in Sweden. Parasites & Vectors 6, 251.
Novobilský A., Stringano E., Hayot Carbonero C., Smith L. M. J., Enemark H. L., Mueller-Harvey I., Thamsborg S. M., 2013. In vitro effects of extracts and purified tannins of sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) against two cattle nematodes. Veterinary Parasitology 196, 532-537.
Novobilský A., Horáčková E., Hirtová L., Modrý D., Koudela B., 2007. The giant liver fluke Fascioloides magna (Bassi, 1875) in cervids in the Czech Republic and potential of its spreading to Germany. Parasitology Research 100, 549–553.
See all publications at Research Gate.