- 16 December 2020 Calls for internal grants Support for cross-disciplinary applications on food, feed and forest products Until mid-March 2021, SLU Future Food and Grants Office offer support to SLU's researchers for applications for the call Biotechnology and plant breeding - food, feed and forest products from the Foundation for Strategic Research (FSS). The purpose of the call is to support strategic research to increase Sweden's self-sufficiency and export of food and for reduced environmental and climate impact.
- 20 May 2019 Calls for external grants Calls for internal grants Apply for grants on digital transformation of the food system Within the National Research Programme for Food, Formas announces up to 60 million SEK over three years for projects that contributes to the digital transformation of the food system.
- 11 October 2018 Calls for external grants The Impacts of Extreme Weather Conditions on People, Society and Nature Climate change means that certain kinds of natural events are becoming more common as well as more extreme, which often also leads to difficult social disturbances. In view of this and the extreme weather events of the past summer, both in Sweden and abroad, Formas initiates a call that allows a number of projects on how extreme weather conditions affect people, society and nature, to be launched in the next few years. Formas opens the call preliminary on October 12.
- 27 September 2018 Calls for internal grants Seek funds to gather knowledge on extreme weather and the food system What knowledge exists at SLU about the effects of extreme weather on Swedish food production and the feed supply of food producing animals? SLU Future Food announces funding for a maximum of 3 months of work for individual researchers or groups of researchers at SLU who wish to help gather this knowledge.
SLU Future Food facilitates collaboration
This is one of SLU Future Foods' assignments, to facilitate collaboration between academia and other actors in society, as well as between researchers working in different parts of the university's organization.
- Are you facing a challenge where you need access to university skills?
- Do you see opportunities where we can reach further together by collaborating?
- Are you a researcher and need contact with other researchers who have the skills you and your colleagues would need to complete your work with?
- Is your research project complete and you have interesting tasks that could produce additional results or contribute to other people's research?
- Do you have a proposal for a collaborative method that may not exist today, but which would help solve problems for a sustainable food system?
Please contact SLU Future Foods staff and we will tell you more about how we work today, what support we can give now and discuss what we think is possible in the future.
SLU's collaboration specialists combine proficiency in research with extension activities in their subject areas. Contact them or other experts if you have any questions.