Theme 1 has six focus countries. In sub-Saharan Africa, we collaborate with partner institutions in Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania and Uganda. In Asia, our activities focus on Bangladesh and Vietnam.
Outputs from Theme 1
- AgriFoSe report 1, 2017 "Agricultural policy in sub-Saharan Africa and its relevance for smallholder farmers, women and youth - A policy baseline report for sub-Saharan Africa at the continental, regional and national level"
- AgriFoSe report 2, 2017 "Gender and generational aspects of sustainable intensification – social-economic dimensions of Kenyan smallholder based agriculture and food security"
- AgriFoSe report 4, 2018 "A review of Uganda’s agricultural policy and how it addresses AgriFose2030’s target groups"
- AgriFoSe report 5, 2018 "Local and regional variations in conditions for agriculture and food security in Uganda"
- AgriFoSe report 6, 2018 "Gendered land rights and access to land in countries experiencing declining farm size"
- AgriFoSe report 7, 2018 "Local and regional variations in conditions for agriculture and food security in Kenya"
- AgriFoSe report 8, 2018"Gender segmented markets and production systems in Malawi"
- AgriFoSe report 9, 2018 "Agricultural policy baseline report - Bangladesh"
- AgriFoSe report 10, 2018 "Local and regional variations in conditions for agriculture and food security in Tanzania: A review"
In the news
- Visting researcher focuses on droughts and climate variability
- “It is all about linking theory to practice” – new AgriFoSe2030 visiting researcher aims to make her research matter for policy
- In the search for food security, how can African scientists make themselves heard?
- Food security in Sub Saharan Africa - one step towards bridging the research policy gap
- ILRI and ReSAKSS-ECA train African researchers in influencing agricultural policies
- Gender-based equality brings about less poverty and better nutrition
- Translating food security research into practice
- Karin Lindsjö on the quest to understand rural intergenerational challenges in Tanzania
- Nurturing a Network of Policy Analysts for Enhanced Agricultural Development and Food and Nutrition Security in Kenya