SLU Alumnus of the Year
SLU Alumnus of the Year is someone who is an inspirational role model for our students and employees at SLU and has had a prominent career or made important contributions in their field.
General criteria for all nominees:
- The nominee has a degree from SLU.
- The nominee creates opportunities for a sustainable, thriving and better world.
- The nominee is a role model for the present and next generation of SLU students, teachers, researchers and employees.
In addition to the general critera, the nominee must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- The nominee has had a prominent career.
- The nominee has made an outstanding contribution to their field.
- The nominee has done something that benefits SLU.
The recipient of the award is expected to participate in a ceremony during autumn term 2021 to receive the award and give a presentation about the current worklife and career post SLU studies.
The announcement of who the recipient is will be made in the beginning of spring term 2021.
The jury consists of:
- Rolf Brennerfelt, Chair of the SLU Board
- Maria Knutson Wedel, Vice-Chancellor, SLU
- Anna Lundhagen, Pro Vice-Chancellor, SLU
- Sara Arons, Head of Communications, SLU
- Marie Larsson, Board of Education representative
- SLUSS (Marie Peterson and Elin Fridlund)
- Elin Olofsson, SLU Alumna of the Year 2018
2019 - Svante Axelsson
2018 - Elin Olofsson
2017 - Johan Rockström
2013 - Olle Forshed (In Swedish)