- Water- and energy fluxes in soil-plant-atmosphere systems
- Climate impacts on water and solute transport in land ecosystems
- Soil and vegetation properties - Significance for evaporation from different land covers
- Application and development of process oriented simulation models
Current/ recent research projects
- Quantifying Uncertainties in Future Projections of Swedish Surface Water Quality(Project partner/co-applicant, FORMAS, 2016-2018)
- Climate change Impacts on Water balance and Nitrate leaching in Swedish arable land. Risk assessments and Uncertainty analyses. (FORMAS )
- Pesticide leaching in relation to precipitation patterns and soil moisture. Risk analyses and adaptation of application time (SLF -2011)
- Pesticide leaching in a changed climate - Risk assessments of losses to surface and groundwater (SLF -2014)
- The impact of cultivation on greenhouse gas fluxes from organic agricultural soil: Should we set aside farmland ? (Project partner, FORMAS -2014)
- Forest carbon and energy budget after a windthrow and the potential of management: flux measurements and modelling (Project partner, FORMAS -2012)
EU-research network activities
- Grozs B et al. 2017. The implication of input data aggregation on up-scaling soil organic carbon changes. Environmental Modelling & Software, 96:361 -377. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.envsoft.2017.06.046
- Kuhnert M et al. 2017. Impact analysis of climate data aggregation at different spatial scales on simulated Net Primary Productivity for croplands. European J. of Agronomy, 88: 41 - 52. Published on-line: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eja.2016.06.005
- Hoffmann H et al. 2016. Impact of spatial soil and climate input data aggregation on regional yield simulations. PLOS ONE 11(4):e0151782. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0151782 (Open Access Journal). .
- Zhao G et al. 2016. Evaluating the precision of eight spatial sampling schemes in estimating regional mean of simulated yields for two crops. Environmental Modelling and Software 80, 100-112).
- Zhao G et al. 2015. Effect of weather data aggregation on regional crop simulation for different crops, production conditions, and response variables. Climate Research 65, 141-157.
- Steffens K, Jarvis N, Lewan E, Lindström B, Kreuger J, Kjellström E, Moeys J. 2015. Direct and indirect effects of climate change on herbicide leaching – a regional scale assessment in Sweden. Science of the Total Environment 514, 239-249.
- Steffens K, Larsbo M, Moeys J, Kjellström E, Jarvis N, Lewan E. 2014. Modelling pesticide leaching under climate change: parameter versus climate input uncertainty. Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci., 18, 479–491.www.hydrol-earth-syst-sci.net/18/479/2014/doi:10.5194/hess-18-479-2014.
- Steffens K, Larsbo M, Moeys J, Jarvis N, Lewan E. 2013. Predicting pesticide leaching under Climate Change. Importance of model-structure and parameter uncertainty. Agric. Ecosyst. Env., 172:24-34.
- Eckersten H, Herrmann A, Kornher A, Halling M, Sindhøj E, Lewan E. 2012. Predicting silage maize yield and quality in Sweden as influenced by climate change and variability. Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica, Section B – Soil and Plant Science, No 62 :151 - 165.
- Lewan E, Jarvis N, Kreuger J. 2009. Implications of precipitation patterns and antecedent soil water content for leaching of pesticides from arable land. Agric. Water Man. 96 (11): 1633-1648. doi:10.1016/j.agwat.2009.06.006.
- Gustafsson D, Lewan E and Jansson P-E. 2004. Modeling Water and Heat balance of the Boreal Landscape in Scandinavia - Comparison of Forest and Arable land. J. Appl. Met.43 (11): 1740 – 1767.
- Blombäck K, Eckersten H, Lewan E and Aronsson H. 2003. Simulations of soil carbon and nitrogen dynamics during seven years in a catch crop experiment. Agric.Syst., 76/1: 95-114.
- Gustafsson D, Lewan E1, van den Hurk BJJM, Viterbo P, Grelle A, Lindroth A, Cienciala E, Mölder M, Halldin S, Lundin L-C. 2003. Boreal-Forest Surface Parameterization in the ECMWF Model – 1D Test with NOPEX Long-Term Data. J. Appl. Met. 2, (1): 95-112.