- Are Ullfjärdarna hotspots for dispersal of Planktothrix to the rest of Mälaren? (Master) Lilla Ullfjärden (part of Lake Mälaren) was a former drinking water source for the city of Bålsta. After having problems with toxic cyanobacteria that likes cold conditions, they had to stop taking drinking water from the lake.
- Climate change effects on food webs in sub-arctic lakes This project studies how climate change affects communities and food webs in arctic/alpine lakes. It consists of laboratory experiments with benthic communities with algae, bacteria and grazers.
- Climate-induced shifts in food webs of Arctic/alpine lakes (Master) This Masters Project links to the EU-Biodiversa-funded Arctic-BIODIVER project that aims at understanding climate-driven biodiversity and food web changes in subarctic and Arctic regions of Europe and North America. Using an experimental approach, the project will address (1) how changes in water N/P ratio affect the taxonomic and biochemical composition of benthic algal biofilms and (2) how this affects the transfer of nutrients and energy to grazers at higher trophic levels, as well as thei...
- How do forested riparian buffers affect stream ecosystem functioning? (Master) This Masters Project is part of a wider study (CROSSLINK) investigating riparian buffers and stream ecosystems across Europe. You will contribute to this study by investigating two important stream ecosystem functions in our field sites near Uppsala.
- Response of littoral vs. profundal chironomid communities to multiple stressors in Swedish lakes: implications for ecological assessment This MSc-Project aims at understanding the cumulative effects of multiple stressors on chironomid communities inhabiting different lake zones.
- The Microbiome of a Tropical Reservoir A project to use environmental genome approaches to explore the hidden microbial diversity of a tropical reservoir.
- Where can cold water fish survive hot summers? How large part of Lake Mälaren have cold enough water and at the same time good oxygen conditions för cold water species to thrive? I this project, you'll find out and present the results with GIS-maps.