Department web page
Employed at the Department of Economics:
Department values, vision and goals (pptx)
Workplace introduction (docx)
For new employees at SLU
Staff appraisal (docx)
Strategies for Equal opportunities:
Delegation of authority (pdf, in Swedish)
Ida Skeppström, Personell administrator
SLU mission statement
Our mission statement was adopted by the SLU Board on 5 November 2020:
'SLU conducts education, research and environmental monitoring and assessment in collaboration with society at large. Through our focus on the interaction between humans, animals and ecosystems and the responsible use of natural resources, we contribute to sustainable societal development and good living conditions on our planet.'
Information and Meeting notes
Information from the management group
- Minutes from last meeting
- Short information from each group, (several new positions as PhD-student and Post-doc is open or about to open – please circulate within your networks as appropriate; a workshop within the AgriFoodBoost twinning-project will be organized at our Department during next week (March 7-9) – we expect 5-6 participants from University of Zagreb (organizers are Jens, Julian; Anna and Jacob).
- Corona update – (Our teaching on campus is back to ‘normal’ as from period 4 (end of March))
- From the dean/vice-chancellor (A new initiative in form of an SLU Puffendorf Centre will likely be launched during the spring – there will then be a call for interest to work with transdisciplinary research of relevance to the SLU and for allocating time to prepare for such work)
- Staff and Finances:
- Finances (Lena presented her plan for follow-ups with focus on longer-term planning within groups (3-year horizon) as well as for the use of balanced capital (we are only allowed to have balance of +5% of the annual turnover at the end of this year)
- Staffing issues (Julija)
- PhD-program and PhD Research School: the Department has received a budget for a research school during 2022, and we will then plan for a joint school with the SoL-Department. We are very happy that Nina will continue as the coordinator for our school during this year.
- Under-graduate teaching: We discussed roles and responsibilities for Dick as Deputy Head of Department – teaching as well as the role and responsibilities for the Director of Under-Graduate Studies (ISR); Dich and I are in dialogue with the Faculty Office concerning some key teaching positions.
- Other issues: Please note the date, and plan for your attendance, for our next Department Meeting (Sept 5-6)
List of future presentations during Super-fika. Contact Jens Rommel if you want to hold a short presentation.
16-mar-22 Environmental economics
13-apr-22 Agricultural and Food Economics
27-apr-22 Decision making and managerial behaviour
04-may-22 Entrepreneurship and Innovation for Sustainability
18-may-22 Environmental economics
01-jun-22 Administration group
15-jun-22 Applied analysis group
Meeting ID: 683 1545 4053
TO BE UPDATED...