ÖT0003 AFEPA internship, 7.5 Credits
Advanced study in the main field
Second cycle, course specialisation cannot be classified(AXX)
Pass / Failed
The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Admission to the AFEPA Masters’ Programme.
The objective of the course is to give the student practical experience and exposure to private firms and public organisations involved in agricultural, food and natural resource activities and dealing directly or indirectly with agricultural, food and environmental policy matters.
During the placement period, the student participates in the daily routines within the organization. After the placement period, the student reports his or her experiences in writing as well as verbally. As support during the placement period, the student has a supervisor at the placement as well as an academic supervisor at SLU.
Formats and requirements for examination
Approved participation during the placement period, approved written and oral presentation of report.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
The student identifies, asks and suggests a suitable place of work for an internship, which must be accepted by SLU. The student must have a contact person at the placement and a supervisor at a department at SLU.
Department of Economics
Programnämnden för utbildning inom naturresurser och jordbruk (PN - NJ)