Additional course evaluations for BI1112
Academic year 2020/2021Biology (BI1112-20150) 2020-10-26 - 2021-01-17
Academic year 2019/2020Biology (BI1112-20058) 2019-11-01 - 2020-01-19
Academic year 2018/2019Biology (BI1112-20094) 2018-10-29 - 2019-01-20
Academic year 2018/2019Biology (BI1112-20159) 2018-10-29 - 2019-01-20
Academic year 2017/2018Biology (BI1112-20004) 2017-10-30 - 2018-01-12
Academic year 2016/2017Biology (BI1112-20020) 2016-10-24 - 2017-01-13
Academic year 2015/2016Biology (BI1112-20112) 2015-10-26 - 2016-01-17
Academic year 2014/2015Biology (BI1112-30149) 2015-01-19 - 2015-03-22
Academic year 2013/2014Biology (BI1112-30069) 2014-01-20 - 2014-03-23
BI1112 Biology, 5.0 CreditsBiologi
Education cycleBachelor’s level
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, entry requirements only from upper secondary school(G1N)
Prior knowledgeKnowledge corresponding to general eligibility including Ma D, Fy B, Ke A.
ObjectivesAfter completion of the course the student is expected to be able to:
- discuss basic cellular structures and processes
- describe how the genetic material is inherited between cells and generations
- discuss the structure and functions of higher plants
- generally discuss the structure and functions of animals
- show the ability to present experimental results in writing
ContentIntroduction to cell biology and genetics. Organisms, their structure and function. Uptake of water and nutrients: metabolism and water balance. Reproduction and spread. Protection and survival mechanisms.
Formats and requirements for examinationPassed written exam as well as passed practical exercises and seminars.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.