BI1336 Botany and Plant Knowledge, 15.0 Credits
Botanik och växtkännedom
Subjects Biology Horticultural science
|Title ||Credits ||Code |
|Plant knowledge ||3.00
|Site knowledge ||3.00
|Plant physiology ||4.00
Advanced study in the main field
First cycle, entry requirements only from upper secondary school(G1N)
5:Pass with Distinction, 4:Pass with Credit, 3:Pass, U:Fail
The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Knowledge equivalent to Science Studies 2.
Formats and requirements for examination
The examination consists of written examinations and reporting of assignments. To pass the course, a pass grade in examinations and assignments and approved participation in compulsory components are required.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
The course is given in the first year of Horticultural Management: Garden Design – Bachelor’s Programme. Parts of the course are joint studies with students on other programmes.
Department of Plant Breeding
Programnämnden för utbildning inom landskap och trädgård (PN - LT)