Intensive– and emergency care in veterinary nursing
Additional course evaluations for DO0121
Academic year 2021/2022Intensive– and emergency care in veterinary nursing (DO0121-10082) 2021-08-30 - 2021-11-01
Academic year 2020/2021Intensive– and emergency care in veterinary nursing (DO0121-20046) 2020-11-02 - 2021-01-17
Academic year 2020/2021Intensive– and emergency care in veterinary nursing (DO0121-10099) 2020-08-31 - 2020-11-01
DO0121 Intensive– and emergency care in veterinary nursing, 7.5 CreditsDjuromvårdnad vid intensiv- och akutsjukvård
Education cycleBachelor’s level
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, at least 60 credits from first-cycle courses as entry requirements(G2F)
Pass / Failed The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Formats and requirements for examination-
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Responsible departmentDepartment of Clinical Sciences
Determined by: Programnämnden för utbildning inom veterinärmedicin och husdjur (PN - VH)
Replaces: DO0079, DO0072, DO0089, DO0117
There are no Grading criteria posted for this course
1) Practical Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Nursing.
Author: Aldridge, P. & O´Dwyer, L. (2013)
2) Equine Veterinary Nursing 2nd ed
Author: Coumbe, K. (2012)
Comments: Kapitel: 7 (principer för akutvård), 8 (generella omvårdnadsprinciper), 14 (omvårdnad vid olika medicinska sjukdomstillstånd, repetition), 15 (föl), 18 (ffa s. 386- 393, omvårdnad vid olika kirurgiska tillstånd)
3) Veterinary Technician´s Manual for Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care.
Author: Norkus, C. (2014)
4) BSAVA Textbook of Veterinary Nursing 6th edition
Author: Cooper, C., Mullineaux, E., Turner, L. (2020)
Comments: Kap 19 och 20
5) Fluid Therapy for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses
Author: Donohoe, C.
The course is offered as an independent course: Yes The course is offered as a programme course: Veterinary Nursing programme Tuition fee: Tuition fee only for non-EU/EEA/Switzerland citizens: 19982 SEK Cycle: Bachelor’s level
Subject: Veterinary NursingCourse code: DO0121 Application code: SLU-20033 Location: Uppsala Distance course: No Language: Swedish Responsible department: Department of Clinical Sciences Pace: 50%