Independent project/degree project in Soil Science
The written work produced will be published in the SLU electronic publishing system (Epsilon) and will be checked for plagiarism with the system Urkund.
Additional course evaluations for EX0728
Academic year 2020/2021Independent project/degree project in Soil Science (EX0728-50074) 2021-06-07 - 2021-10-31
Academic year 2020/2021Independent project/degree project in Soil Science (EX0728-30244) 2021-01-18 - 2021-06-06
Academic year 2020/2021Independent project/degree project in Soil Science (EX0728-10265) 2020-08-31 - 2021-01-17
Academic year 2019/2020Independent project/degree project in Soil Science (EX0728-50034) 2020-06-08 - 2020-10-25
Academic year 2019/2020Independent project/degree project in Soil Science (EX0728-30125) 2020-01-20 - 2020-06-07
Academic year 2019/2020Independent project/degree project in Soil Science (EX0728-10127) 2019-09-02 - 2020-01-19
Academic year 2018/2019Independent project/degree project in Soil Science (EX0728-30104) 2019-01-21 - 2019-06-09
Academic year 2018/2019Independent project/degree project in Soil Science (EX0728-10116) 2018-09-03 - 2019-01-20
Academic year 2017/2018Independent project/degree project in Soil Science (EX0728-10032) 2017-08-28 - 2018-01-14
EX0728 Independent project/degree project in Soil Science, 30.0 CreditsSjälvständigt arbete i markvetenskap - magisterarbete
Education cycleMaster’s level
Advanced study in the main fieldSecond cycle, includes independent project (degree project) for the degree of Master of Science (60 credits)(A1E)
Prior knowledgeStudents admitted before July 1, 2007
Knowledge equivalent to 180 credits of which 90 credits in Soil Science. In the main field of study 30 credit courses in first cycle (G2F) shall be included. Knowledge equivalent to Swedish B/Swedish 2B and English A.
Students admitted after July 1, 2007
Approved independent project (15 credits) in the first cycle, or a bachelor of science degree. At least one course in the subject Soil Science in second cycle (A1N) must be taken before or at the same time as the independent project. Knowledge equivalent to Swedish B/Swedish 2 and English A/English 5.
ObjectivesThe student shall, within the project work, specialise his/her knowledge of the subject.
With successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- independently identify and formulate problems
- independently plan and realise a qualified survey and be able to assess the result in a relevant context
- independently search for, evaluate and critically interpret and compile relevant information to solve a problem
- orally and in written present and discuss results adapted to a specified ordinance
- make populary summeries
- critically and constructive evaluate other students texts and presentations
ContentThe main part of the course consists of an independent project, which shall result in a written and an oral presentation, including a popular-science summary. The project is presented orally at a public presentation following procedures determined by the department.
Formats and requirements for examinationApproved written and oral presentations; approved opposition.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Additional informationThe approved written report shall be published within SLU:s system for electronic publishing (Epsilon) and checked in SLU:s electronic system for plagiarism.
To be admitted to the course the student has to have an agreement with the supervising department regarding supervisor and subject for the study.
Help with information retrieval and tips for scientific writing and oral presentation are offered by the SLU University Library.
Regarding specific requirements for individual programs, please refer to the supplement of the programme’s course schedule. The project may be written in English if the student fulfils the requirements of English B/English 6 from upper secondary school. If the project is going to be written in English, exemption from entry requirements in Swedish language may be allowed after application in connection with the application for the independent project.