Independent project in Business Administration, G2E
Information from the course leader
Exjobbskursen kommer att ges 'på distans'
Vi kommer att använda min Zoomlänk: https://slu-se.zoom.us/j/6419284660
Se gärna till att ni kommer in på kursens Canvassida så snart som möjligt, då denna kommer att utgöra en mycket central roll då kursen ges. /Karin
Välkommen till exjobbskursen!
Det preliminära schemat ligger ute. Observera att jag vill att ni laddar upp en sk 'preliminär work plan' senast den 17 mars, så att jag kan börja 'ragga' handledare. Om ni har problem med att ladda upp dokumentet i Canvas, så kan ni maila det till mig, men jag föredrar att ni laddar upp det i Canvas.
Det finns ingen särskild kursbok, men den litteratur ni hade under matodkursen kan säkert vara till hjälp. /Karin
The course evaluation is now closed
Once the evaluation is closed, the course coordinator and student representative have 1 month to draft their comments. The comments will be published in the evaluation report.
Additional course evaluations for EX0902
Academic year 2021/2022Independent project in Business Administration, G2E (EX0902-20112) 2021-11-02 - 2022-01-16
Academic year 2020/2021Independent project in Business Administration, G2E (EX0902-20111) 2020-11-02 - 2021-01-17
Academic year 2019/2020Independent project in Business Administration, G2E (EX0902-40068) 2020-03-25 - 2020-06-07
Academic year 2019/2020Independent project in Business Administration, G2E (EX0902-20073) 2019-11-01 - 2020-01-19
Academic year 2018/2019Independent project in Business Administration, G2E (EX0902-40130) 2019-03-26 - 2019-06-09
Academic year 2018/2019Independent project in Business Administration, G2E (EX0902-20148) 2018-11-06 - 2019-01-20
EX0902 Independent project in Business Administration, G2E, 15.0 CreditsSjälvständigt arbete i Företagsekonomi, G2E
Education cycleBachelor’s level
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, at least 60 credits from first-cycle courses as entry requirements, includes independent project (degree project) for the degree of Bachelor of Science(G2E)
Prior knowledgeKnowledge equivalent to 120 credits, of which 60 credits in busniess administration including basic method course in business administration, 5 credits or the equivalent. The student must complete at least one course at G2F level, at the latest in connection with the independent project. The student must have completed at least one course relevant to the subject of the independent project before the project is carried out.
ObjectivesThe aim of the course is for the student, based on previously acquired knowledge, to independently plan, carry out and present an independent project within a given time frame. Through the independent project, the student will develop their skills in academic writing and deepen their subject knowledge.
On completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- identify problems and formulate questions within a given subject;
- independently search, compile, evaluate and interpret relevant information and data based on a critically formulated question;
- critically discuss content, findings and conclusions in a scientific work, as well as reflect on how questions and choice of method relate to the scientific and practical basis of the subject;
- reflect on social and ethical aspects as well as sustainability aspects of the subject;
- present a written scientific work, according to the prevailing practice of the discipline, adapted to the intended audience and according to the instructions given;
- orally present a scientific work, as well as critically review and give constructive criticism of another student’s work;
- identify their own skill and knowledge development needs for the subject of the independent project.
ContentThe course involves carrying out an independent project under supervision. The project can be carried out based on existing data from experimental or practical work, or as a literature review. The format depends on the subject and the question to be examined, as well as on the availability of suitable data and information. The work is carried out either individually or in pairs.
The set-up of the independent project should be documented in a project plan established in consultation with the supervisor before the project starts.
The project is to be presented in writing as well as orally, as seminars or an equivalent format, and according to the instructions given. The course also involves taking part in a public discussion of another student’s project in order to assess the ability to give constructive criticism.
Formats and requirements for examinationA Pass grade for the written report and the oral presentation, as well as a Pass grade for the critical review of another student’s project. If the work has been carried out in pairs, it must be made clear to the examiner what each individual has contributed; this applies to both the written work and the oral presentation. The work effort and the scope of the work should correspond to 15 credits for each student, and each student must fulfil all intended learning outcomes. If the student has not received a Pass grade for a test, the examiner has the right to give a supplementary assignment, provided this is feasible and can be justified.
- If the student has been granted learning support due to a disability, the examiner has the right to offer an adapted test or let the student take the test in an alternative manner.
- If this course syllabus is changed, or if the course is discontinued, SLU shall decide on transition rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet completed the course.
- For the examination of an independent project (degree project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the submission date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor’s and Master’’s level.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Additional informationOnce the student has received a Pass grade for the written report, this must be published in the SLU system for electronic publication (Epsilon), and checked for plagiarism. To be admitted to the course, the student must have an agreement with the supervising department concerning supervisor and the subject of the project.
The right to participate in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date the student has been admitted to and registered on.