Business Strategic Perspectives
The course evaluation is not yet activatedThe course evaluation is open between 2021-03-16 and 2021-04-06
Additional course evaluations for FÖ0369
Academic year 2019/2020Business Strategic Perspectives (FÖ0369-30249), Alnarp 2020-01-20 - 2020-03-24
Academic year 2018/2019Business Strategic Perspectives (FÖ0369-30249), Alnarp 2019-01-21 - 2019-03-25
Academic year 2017/2018Business Strategic Perspectives (FÖ0369-30249), Alnarp 2018-01-15 - 2018-03-20
Academic year 2016/2017Business Strategic Perspectives (FÖ0369-30249), Alnarp 2017-01-16 - 2017-03-21
Academic year 2015/2016Business Strategic Perspectives (FÖ0369-30249), Alnarp 2016-01-18 - 2016-03-21
Academic year 2014/2015Business Strategic Perspectives (FÖ0369-30249), Alnarp 2015-01-19 - 2015-03-29
Academic year 2013/2014Business Strategic Perspectives (FÖ0369-30249), Alnarp 2014-01-20 - 2014-03-30
Academic year 2012/2013Business Strategic Perspectives (FÖ0369-30249), Alnarp 2013-01-21 - 2013-03-31
Academic year 2011/2012Business Strategic Perspectives (FÖ0369-30249), Alnarp 2012-01-16 - 2012-03-25
FÖ0369 Business Strategic Perspectives, 15.0 CreditsFöretagsstrategiska perspektiv
SubjectsBusiness Administration Agricultural science
Education cycleFirst cycle
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, at least 60 credits from first-cycle courses as entry requirements(G2F)
Prior knowledgeCourses corresponding to 120 credits, of which 60 credits within the subject Business Administration.
ObjectivesOn completion of the course students will be able to:
- Describe, use and assess the different parts of a company and explain the relationships between these parts
- Apply and reflect on the applicability on the business strategy perspectives and models covered in the course
- Analyze and reflect on the conditions and strategic challenges for commercial businesses
- Analyze the strategic role of the brand.
ContentThis course aims to provide students with a wider view of the central business strategy area. The course provides opportunities for deeper study in selected parts of this area. For example, the course deals with service management, the Porter school and resource and skill-based strategies. In addition, the course devotes some time to the central role of commerce and the strategic importance of the brand for many enterprises.
The course covers business strategy perspectives and modes such as:
- Service management school
- Porter school
- Resource and skill-based strategies
- The central role of commerce in the goods chain
- The strategic role of the brand
Formats and requirements for examinationTo obtain the credits for the course, students must achieve a pass grade in the written exam and in project work, which is to be reported orally and in writing. Students must also be present and participate actively in seminars and other compulsory elements of the course.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.