Introduction to Financial and Managerial Accounting
Information from the course leader
Welcome to the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Here you find important information that will be useful before arriving to Sweden and while you are a student. https://student.slu.se/en/studies/new-student/check-list/ • You need to have a student account in order to access Ladok Student at SLU and to sign up for exams. • You must be admitted and registered to attend the course. Unregistered students may NOT stay on the premises, for reasons of insurance. • You have to register yourself via Ladok Student. The self-registration is open 5 workdays before the start of the course and 3 days after. If you have been admitted to the course with conditions, you cannot register online and must contact the course leader who decides if you can still register. Only registered students can participate in the course and have access to, for example, Canvas. • If you want to receive text messages with updates for the course, for example in case of cancelled lectures or room changes, please check that the correct mobile number is in Ladok Student. • During the second week of the course there will be a mandatory control of attendance. If you don´t participate in the control you risk losing your place on the course. • If you need special support, please inform the course leader at the start of the course, so that special arrangements can be made for example at the examination. Certificates from Nais shall be displayed every time. https://student.slu.se/en/study-support/study-support/funka/ • If you cancel the course, you should immediately notify the course leader via email, who in turn informs the educational administration to register a course break in Ladok. • You are automatically registered for the ordinary exams in Ladok Student. You can find your anonymous code in Ladok Student. Please note that you still have to register yourself for the re-exam in Ladok Student. This applies only to exams and re-exams within the department of economics. • For corrected exams – contact email@example.com If you have any questions, please contact the administration by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The course evaluation is now closed
Once the evaluation is closed, the course coordinator and student representative have 1 month to draft their comments. The comments will be published in the evaluation report.
Additional course evaluations for FÖ0419
Academic year 2019/2020Introduction to Financial and Managerial Accounting (FÖ0419-20114), Uppsala 2019-11-01 - 2020-01-19
Academic year 2018/2019Introduction to Financial and Managerial Accounting (FÖ0419-20114), Uppsala 2018-11-06 - 2019-01-20
Academic year 2017/2018Introduction to Financial and Managerial Accounting (FÖ0419-20114), Uppsala 2017-10-31 - 2018-01-14
Academic year 2016/2017Introduction to Financial and Managerial Accounting (FÖ0419-20114), Uppsala 2016-11-01 - 2017-01-15
FÖ0419 Introduction to Financial and Managerial Accounting, 15.0 CreditsEkonomistyrning I
Education cycleFirst cycle
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, entry requirements only from upper secondary school(G1N)
Prior knowledgeKnowledge equivalent to general entry requirements and Ma C, Sh A.
ObjectivesThe aim of the course is to give basic knowledge in financial control including accounting and calculation. On completion of the course, the student should have sufficient knowledge to be able to work with basic economic issues in companies.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Independently record different commercial transactions.
- Account for chart of accounts’ contents and structure and for how the income and financial statements are prepared.
- Account for basic accounting principles.
- Carry out basic management accounting.
- Account for and apply different product cost accounting methods.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out economic calculation in smaller companies including basic cost -, contribution - and capital budgetings and budget.
- Show general knowledge of budgeting - and the accounting problem.
- Carry out basic financial analyses.
- Demonstrate the ability to use computer worksheets and accounting programs as support in managerial accounting.
ContentThe course contains the following components: double accounting and financial accounting, company - and financial analysis, budgeting, management accounting, product calculation and capital budgeting.
The course is based on basic knowledge in financial control and develops the participants’ skills in accounting and calculation.
Formats and requirements for examinationApproved examination and participation in compulsory components.
Examination happens through a written exam, project work, participation in compulsory seminars and computer-based laboratory sessions and exercises.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.