Marketing, Responsibility and Ethics
Additional course evaluations for FÖ0445
Academic year 2020/2021Marketing, Responsibility and Ethics (FÖ0445-10208) 2020-08-31 - 2020-11-01
Academic year 2019/2020Marketing, Responsibility and Ethics (FÖ0445-10171) 2019-09-02 - 2019-10-31
Academic year 2018/2019Marketing, Responsibility and Ethics (FÖ0445-10231) 2018-09-03 - 2018-11-05
FÖ0445 Marketing, Responsibility and Ethics, 15.0 CreditsMarknadsföring, ansvarstagande och etik
Education cycleSecond cycle
Advanced study in the main fieldSecond cycle, only first-cycle courses as entry requirements(A1N)
Prior knowledge120 credits, with at least 90 credits in business administration, or equivalent. English 6.
ObjectivesThis course aims to problematize responsibilities and ethics in marketing with reference to sustainable development.
Having completed the course, students are expected to:
- critically discuss limitations within the marketing field in the context of sustainable development,
- theorize and describe concepts, terms and perspectives on responsibility marketing and ethics within in different contexts,
- analyse and critically reflect on market initiatives from an ethical and corporate responsibility perspective.
ContentThe course consists of two parts. Part one focus on theoretical concepts and terms related to marketing, corporate responsibility and ethics. Part two focus on market initiatives in particular contexts and with reference to corporate responsibility and ethics.
The course is implemented trough lectures, literature reviews, case studies and assignments that illustrates conceptual and empirical developments within the marketing field with explicit reference to social, environmental, economic and ethical dimensions.
Formats and requirements for examinationPassed exam.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.