Administration of cemeteries
Additional course evaluations for LK0198
Academic year 2021/2022Administration of cemeteries (LK0198-30121) 2022-01-17 - 2022-06-05
Academic year 2020/2021Administration of cemeteries (LK0198-30100) 2021-01-18 - 2021-06-06
Academic year 2019/2020Administration of cemeteries (LK0198-30087) 2020-01-20 - 2020-06-07
Academic year 2018/2019Administration of cemeteries (LK0198-30030) 2019-01-21 - 2019-06-09
Academic year 2017/2018Administration of cemeteries (LK0198-30088) 2018-01-15 - 2018-06-03
Academic year 2016/2017Administration of cemeteries (LK0198-30179) 2017-01-16 - 2017-06-04
Academic year 2015/2016Administration of cemeteries (LK0198-30151) 2016-01-18 - 2016-06-05
Academic year 2014/2015Administration of cemeteries (LK0198-30155) 2015-01-19 - 2015-06-07
Academic year 2013/2014Administration of cemeteries (LK0198-30141) 2014-01-20 - 2014-06-08
LK0198 Administration of cemeteries, 15.0 CreditsKyrkogårdsförvaltning
Education cycleBachelor’s level
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, entry requirements only from upper secondary school(G1N)
5:Pass with Distinction, 4:Pass with Credit, 3:Pass, U:Fail The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Prior knowledgeGeneral entrance requirements.
ObjectivesThe aim of the course is to develop students’ knowledge of cemetery management and of the green cultural heritage of cemeteries; and to develop skills in communicating this.
On completion of the course, students will
- be acquainted with and capable of discussing cemetery management, legislation and regulations applying within this area
- be able to evaluate and assess work methods that different administrative bodies use to evaluate and develop the cultural heritage and methods used to preserve it
- evaluate, analyse, describe and assess development possibilities and future issues within cemetery operation from an administrative perspective
- formulate, carry out and report an independent project
Formats and requirements for examinationWritten home exam and reporting of project work.
Approved home exam and project work, plus attendance at compulsory components.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Additional informationThe course is provided part-time over a term.
Responsible departmentDepartment of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management
Determined by: Programstudierektor för landskapsingenjörsprogrammet
There are no Grading criteria posted for this course
The course is offered as an independent course: Yes The course is offered as a programme course: Landscape Engineer Programme - Alnarp Horticultural Management Programme - Garden Design, Bachelor´s Programme Horticultural Management - Gardening and Horticultural Production, Bachelor´s Programme Landscape Engineer Programme - Uppsala Tuition fee: Tuition fee only for non-EU/EEA/Switzerland citizens: 74982 SEK Cycle: Bachelor’s level
Subject: Landscape ArchitectureCourse code: LK0198 Application code: SLU-30030 Location: Alnarp Distance course: Yes Language: Swedish Responsible department: Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management Pace: 50%