Spatial Design and Colour Composition
Additional course evaluations for LK0213
Academic year 2020/2021Spatial Design and Colour Composition (LK0213-40075) 2021-05-03 - 2021-06-06
Academic year 2020/2021Spatial Design and Colour Composition (LK0213-10321) 2020-09-30 - 2020-11-01
Academic year 2019/2020Spatial Design and Colour Composition (LK0213-40110) 2020-05-01 - 2020-06-07
Academic year 2018/2019Spatial Design and Colour Composition (LK0213-40011) 2019-05-03 - 2019-06-09
Academic year 2017/2018Spatial Design and Colour Composition (LK0213-40090) 2018-04-27 - 2018-06-03
Academic year 2016/2017Spatial Design and Colour Composition (LK0213-40060) 2017-04-28 - 2017-06-04
Academic year 2015/2016Spatial Design and Colour Composition (LK0213-40088) 2016-04-29 - 2016-06-05
Academic year 2014/2015Spatial Design and Colour Composition (LK0213-40107) 2015-03-30 - 2015-05-03
Academic year 2013/2014Spatial Design and Colour Composition (LK0213-40083) 2014-03-31 - 2014-05-04
LK0213 Spatial Design and Colour Composition, 7.5 CreditsFärg- & formlära för trädgårdsingenjörer
Education cycleBachelor’s level
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, entry requirements only from upper secondary school(G1N)
5:Pass with Distinction, 4:Pass with Credit, 3:Pass, U:Fail The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Prior knowledgeThe equivalent of entry requirements for the study programme in Horticulture Management, specialising in design.
ObjectivesThe purpose of this course is:
- to develop the ability to see and understand space.
- using visual aids to train the ability to "read" reality and in the opposite direction to train the ability to read visual representations of it.
- to develop the ability to reproduce spatial situations and give an account of one’s own ideas, with an emphasis on visual communication.
- to support the development of skill in sketching, drawing, painting and modelling spaces.
- to develop the ability to use images in the work process and in the presentation of work
After completing the course students will be able to
- use tools for basic spatial analysis with supervisor support.
- reproduce spatial situations using different visual means.
- critically examine their investigations of space and communicate and justify their observations visually.
- present different representational techniques and methods for reproducing the form of spaces and producing images of them.
- carry out their own simple projects in spatial design with supervisor support.
Content- Analysis of space and spatial structures with the aid of observations and freehand sketches on site.
- Different methods for reproducing the form of spaces and producing images of them.
- Sketch techniques, perspective, assignments in form reproduction, composition and colour science.
- Production of their own projects in form and spatial design.
Formats and requirements for examinationThe examination consists of submission of assignments. To pass the course, pass for participation in the workshop and pass for reports on assignments and project is required.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Responsible departmentDepartment of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management
Determined by: Programutskott trädgård
There are no Grading criteria posted for this course
The course is offered as an independent course: No The course is offered as a programme course: Horticultural Management Programme - Garden Design, Bachelor´s Programme Syllabus for Horticultural Management – Garden Design (BSc) Cycle: Bachelor’s level
Subject: Landscape ArchitectureCourse code: LK0213 Application code: SLU-40002 Location: Alnarp Distance course: No Language: Swedish Responsible department: Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management Pace: 100%