Landscape architect practice
Additional course evaluations for LK0228
Academic year 2021/2022Landscape architect practice (LK0228-10267) 2021-08-30 - 2021-11-01
Academic year 2020/2021Landscape architect practice (LK0228-50049) 2021-06-07 - 2021-08-29
Academic year 2020/2021Landscape architect practice (LK0228-40046) 2021-03-24 - 2021-06-06
Academic year 2020/2021Landscape architect practice (LK0228-30127) 2021-01-18 - 2021-03-23
Academic year 2020/2021Landscape architect practice (LK0228-20069) 2020-11-02 - 2021-01-17
Academic year 2020/2021Landscape architect practice (LK0228-10140) 2020-08-31 - 2020-11-01
Academic year 2019/2020Landscape architect practice (LK0228-50070) 2020-06-08 - 2020-08-30
Academic year 2019/2020Landscape architect practice (LK0228-40097) 2020-03-25 - 2020-06-07
Academic year 2019/2020Landscape architect practice (LK0228-30199) 2020-01-20 - 2020-03-24
Academic year 2019/2020Landscape architect practice (LK0228-20104) 2019-11-01 - 2020-01-19
Academic year 2019/2020Landscape architect practice (LK0228-10208) 2019-09-02 - 2019-10-31
Academic year 2018/2019Landscape architect practice (LK0228-50001) 2019-06-10 - 2019-09-01
Academic year 2018/2019Landscape architect practice (LK0228-40012) 2019-03-26 - 2019-06-09
Academic year 2018/2019Landscape architect practice (LK0228-30016) 2019-01-21 - 2019-03-25
Academic year 2018/2019Landscape architect practice (LK0228-20013) 2018-11-06 - 2019-01-20
Academic year 2018/2019Landscape architect practice (LK0228-10027) 2018-09-03 - 2018-11-05
Academic year 2017/2018Landscape architect practice (LK0228-50013) 2018-06-04 - 2018-09-02
Academic year 2017/2018Landscape architect practice (LK0228-40089) 2018-03-21 - 2018-06-03
Academic year 2017/2018Landscape architect practice (LK0228-30108) 2018-01-15 - 2018-03-20
Academic year 2017/2018Landscape architect practice (LK0228-20084) 2017-10-31 - 2018-01-14
Academic year 2017/2018Landscape architect practice (LK0228-10111) 2017-08-28 - 2017-10-30
Academic year 2016/2017Landscape architect practice (LK0228-50007) 2017-06-05 - 2017-08-27
Academic year 2016/2017Landscape architect practice (LK0228-40070) 2017-03-22 - 2017-06-04
LK0228 Landscape architect practice, 15.0 CreditsLandskapsarkitektens praktik
Education cycleMaster’s level
Advanced study in the main fieldSecond cycle, course specialisation cannot be classified(AXX)
Pass / Failed The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Prior knowledgeThe equivalent of 120 credits, of which 90 credits in the main areas Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning or that the student is accepted to the Urban Landscape Dynamics master’s programme or the Landscape Architecture master’s programme (admitted until autumn 2012).
ObjectivesTo allow the students to further develop their familiarity with their professional role as landscape architects through carrying out and reflecting on practical work in a working site context, under the supervision of qualified instructor at the place of work.
After completing the course the student should:
- give a written report on practical experiences from the place of work.
- be critically reflective concerning the assignments in a wider professional and societal context.
- independently perform practical work.
Content- Preparation for the work experience period together with the director of studies/responsible teacher
- 8-10 weeks of practical work at the company/office
- Written report (10-15 pages pictures excluded)
- the course gives skills training credits
Formats and requirements for examinationExamination:
Working report. Obligatory sections of the report are:
- Description of the company/office and their field of action
- Description of the various work operations that the student has taken part in
- Reflective discussion concerning practise/place of work/professional role/societal context and a critical perspective on, for example, tasks and background information, the work process, possibilities for re-evaluation within the process, matters of accessibility and equality, etc.
The content and qualities of the report are grade-determining, as is the supervisor´s assessment (via employment certificate) of the student´s own initiative, degree of motivation, actual performance and ability to work independently and in groups.
Requirements for examination
To obtain the credits for this course, students must have submitted an approved report and been present for at least 80% of the time during the work experience period.
Hand in employment certificate
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Additional informationIt is the student’s responsibility to find a work placement and a professional instructor.
The responsible teacher must approve the placement, and the scope of the work, prior to commencement of the course.
Responsible departmentDepartment of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management
Determined by: Programstudierektor för Landskapsarkitektprogrammet, Alnarp
There are no Grading criteria posted for this course
The course is offered as an independent course: No The course is offered as a programme course: Landscape Architecture Programme, Alnarp Landscape Architecture Programme (admission before 1 July 2007) Tuition fee: Tuition fee only for non-EU/EEA/Switzerland citizens: 74982 SEK Cycle: Master’s level
Subject: Landscape ArchitectureCourse code: LK0228 Application code: SLU-50077 Location: Alnarp Distance course: No Language: Swedish Responsible department: Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management Pace: 100%