The tools of garden design
Additional course evaluations for LK0245
Academic year 2021/2022The tools of garden design (LK0245-30230) 2022-01-17 - 2022-03-23
Academic year 2020/2021The tools of garden design (LK0245-30175) 2021-01-18 - 2021-03-23
Academic year 2019/2020The tools of garden design (LK0245-30211) 2020-01-20 - 2020-03-24
Academic year 2018/2019The tools of garden design (LK0245-30025) 2019-01-21 - 2019-03-25
Academic year 2017/2018The tools of garden design (LK0245-30110) 2018-01-15 - 2018-03-20
Academic year 2016/2017The tools of garden design (LK0245-30077) 2017-01-16 - 2017-03-21
Academic year 2015/2016The tools of garden design (LK0245-30176) 2016-01-18 - 2016-03-21
LK0245 The tools of garden design, 15.0 CreditsTrädgårdens markbyggnad och projektering
SubjectsLandscape Architecture Horticultural science
Education cycleBachelor’s level
|Design and Construction||12.00||1002|
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, entry requirements only from upper secondary school(G1N)
5:Pass with Distinction, 4:Pass with Credit, 3:Pass, U:Fail The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Prior knowledgeThe same as for Horticultural Management: Gardening design - Bachelor´s programme
ObjectivesThe aim of the course is to give the student basic knowledge about hard materials of the garden and how they are used, different aspects on elevation and landscape construction and projecting of the garden based on a authentic work process. The course also intends to give the student basic knowledge in soil science. On completing the course, the student should be able to:
- make aware choices of included material and parts, and be able to argue and motivate these choices
- with digital tools process a design to technically viable documents
- account for basic soil physical processes and concept at a general level.
ContentThrough literature studies, lectures and exercises, knowledge and skills about important parts in the projecting are acquired such as elevating, dimensioning and material knowledge with a focus on soil material and constructions.
Design of superstructures of paved surfaces and plant beds are central parts of the course.
The soil science intends to give the student basic knowledge about soil such as the physical and chemical properties of natural soil, the formation and distribution om different soil types in Sweden and human possibilities to affect the properties of soil. Scheduled exercises, seminars and study visit are compulsory.
Formats and requirements for examinationPassed project. Passed exercises and written assignments. Active participation in compulsory parts.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Responsible departmentDepartment of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management
Determined by: Programnämnden för utbildning inom landskap och trädgård (PN - LT)
There are no Grading criteria posted for this course
The course is offered as an independent course: No The course is offered as a programme course: Horticultural Management Programme - Garden Design, Bachelor´s Programme Syllabus for Horticultural Management – Garden Design (BSc) Cycle: Bachelor’s level
Subject: Landscape Architecture Horticultural scienceCourse code: LK0245 Application code: SLU-30001 Location: Alnarp Distance course: No Language: Swedish Responsible department: Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management Pace: 100%