Landscape Construction - materials and design
Information from the course leader
Välkommen till höstens kurs Markbyggnad - material och projektering!
I samband med antagning får du tillgång till kursrummet på Canvas, där du hittar allt kursrelaterat.
Kontakta mig gärna i god tid om du har frågor om kursen eller om du har beviljats särskilt studiestöd.
Vi ses vid kursintroduktionen på Zoom, måndag 30 augusti kl 9.15!
Stefan Lindberg, kursledare
The course evaluation is not yet activatedThe course evaluation is open between 2021-10-25 and 2021-11-15
Additional course evaluations for LK0356
Academic year 2020/2021Landscape Construction - materials and design (LK0356-10138) 2020-08-31 - 2020-11-01
Academic year 2019/2020Landscape Construction - materials and design (LK0356-10211) 2019-09-02 - 2019-10-31
LK0356 Landscape Construction - materials and design, 15.0 CreditsMarkbyggnad - Material och projektering
Education cycleBachelor’s level
|Hardscape design and construction||7.50||1003|
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, at least 60 credits from first-cycle courses as entry requirements(G2F)
Prior knowledgeKnowledge equivalent to 90 credits Landscape Architecture.
ObjectivesThe course aims at providing the student with the basic skills and knowledge required to develop a design idea into construction documents.
On completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- perform a design proposal based on given preconditions in the form of programmes and instructions
- make conscious and justifiable choices of included features and materials
- through computer-aided design (CAD) develop their proposal into technical drawings and specifications with particular focus on landscape construction, details and Equipment
- perform a small-scale practical paving or tiling work with a specified grading
- reflect on the process of landscape design and construction
ContentThrough literature studies, lectures, seminars, field trips and exercises, the student is given a basic knowledge of hardscape materials, landscape construction practices, as well as other stages of the design and construction process. Featured learning modules include choice of materials, grading, storm water management, superstructure dimensioning, detail construction, computer-aided drafting in AutoCAD, producing technical specifications that concur with AMA, practical site construction work as well as cost estimation.
The above-mentioned skills and knowledge are applied in the course’s individual project work: A design proposal that is developed into rational and unambiguous construction drawings and specifications in alignment with set standards and site construction practices. Part of the project work is developed in the subsequent course, which focuses on vegetation.
Seminars, field trips, exercises and project work are compulsory.
The course gives skills traning credits.
Formats and requirements for examinationActive participation in compulsory elements
Approved completion of exercises
Approved project work
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.