Work Experience Course for Landscape Engineers
Kursen ges under valfri tid på året och omfattar totalt åtta veckor. Under dessa veckor deltar du i arbetet på en arbetsplats. Den sista veckan ägnas åt att analysera, sammanställa och och redovisa erfarenheterna från praktikperioden. Du ska själv tillfråga och föreslå praktikplats. Innan praktiken påbörjas ska praktikplatsen godkännas av kursledningen och ett avtal med praktikplatsen vara undertecknat.
Additional course evaluations for LK0374
Academic year 2020/2021Work Experience Course for Landscape Engineers (LK0374-50042) 2021-06-07 - 2021-08-29
LK0374 Work Experience Course for Landscape Engineers, 15.0 CreditsPraktikkurs för landskapsingenjörer
Education cycleFirst cycle
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, course specialisation cannot be classified(GXX)
Prior knowledgeKnowledge equivalent to 45 credits in landscape architecture.
ObjectivesThe course aims to give the student a deeper understanding of the profession and its conditions.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
Knowledge and understanding
- describe a workplace typical of the landscape engineering profession, its role and tasks in society and report it in a written report
Competence and skills
- apply acquired knowledge from the programme in independent practical work in a workplace
Judgement and approach
- reflect on their own practical experience of the landscape engineer’s professional role in the workplace and in society.
ContentThe student is responsible for finding a relevant internship and a supervisor at the workplace. The internship and the supervisor must be approved by the course coordinator no later than two weeks before the start of the course. The student is also responsible for planning and conducting a study visit at the workplace for the teacher who is the contact person. The student follows the workplace’s routines during nine weeks of mandatory workplace placement. At the end of the course, the student submits a written reflection on the practice and presents the reflections orally at a compulsory seminar.
Formats and requirements for examinationAt least 80% attendance at the workplace during the internship period. Approved written assignment, oral presentation and participation in seminars.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.