Additional course evaluations for LU0101
Academic year 2021/2022Local perspectives (LU0101-20135) 2021-12-03 - 2022-01-16
LU0101 Local perspectives, 7.5 CreditsLokala perspektiv
Education cycleBachelor’s level
|Problem based study||1.00||1003|
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, entry requirements only from upper secondary school(G1N)
5:Pass with Distinction, 4:Pass with Credit, 3:Pass, U:Fail The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Prior knowledgeGeneral entry requirements for higher education.
ObjectivesThe course aims at giving the students a good understanding of different rural areas from local perspectives.
Upon completion of the course the student should be able to:
- reflect on the importance that private, public and non-profit sectors have, and have had, in a rural development perspective;
- account for the main actors in rural areas;
- orally and in writing discuss local perspectives on rural development.
ContentStudents prepare, through lectures, literature studies and seminars, for a study trip, when they visit farmers and other entrepreneurs, local groups and individual rural residents and familiarize themselves with their activities.
The students make a group project, which is presented orally and in writing, and they also write an individual text. Both theoretical and practical elements are included in the course, such as literature studies, seminars and field studies.
Formats and requirements for examinationApproved take-home examination. Approved group work and approved individual texts. Approved participation in compulsory seminars and study trip.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Additional informationCosts of study visits may apply. Some lectures may be conducted in English.
Responsible departmentDepartment of Urban and Rural Development
Determined by: Programnämnden för utbildning inom naturresurser och jordbruk (PN - NJ)
Replaces: LU0083, LU0097
There are no Grading criteria posted for this course
The course is offered as an independent course: No The course is offered as a programme course: Rural Development - Societal Change Tuition fee: Tuition fee only for non-EU/EEA/Switzerland citizens: 13750 SEK Cycle: Bachelor’s level
Subject: Rural DevelopmentCourse code: LU0101 Application code: SLU-20059 Location: Uppsala Distance course: No Language: Swedish Responsible department: Department of Urban and Rural Development Pace: 100%