PFS0174 Statistics IV: Generalized Linear Models, 4.0 Credits
Subjects Mathematic Statistics
Pass / Failed
The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Statistics III: Regression Analysis or equivalent.
The objective of the course is to give an overview of generalized linear models. On completion of the course, the student will be able to:
• specify generalized linear models including conditions and assumptions
• select an appropriate linear model for a given problem
• carry out an analysis based on a generalized linear model in the statistical software R
• interpret and evaluate results correctly and draw reasonable conclusions
• clearly and concisely communicate results and conclusions
The course will cover the following topics:
• Binomial and multinomial logistic regression
• Poisson regression
• Overdispersion and zero-inflation.
• Generalized linear models and generalized linear mixed models.
Formats and requirements for examination
Passed examination in written and/or oral form.
Department of Forest Resource Management