PLG0051 Popular scientific presentation with focus on sustainable development, 1.5 Credits
Subjects Environmental Communication
No Level Indicated
Pass / Failed
The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Participants need to be registered as PhD students at SLU.
Scope: The purpose of the course is to prepare PhD students for teaching and as rnediators of research results. The PhD student will prepare and train cornrnunication of research goals and results on popular science level. Preparation will require assess the potential and systerns effects of the research for sustainable production in e.g. agriculture, horticulture or forestry.
Learning outcomes: Training of communication skills; improvement of communication skills through feedback; training of applying systems thinking and systems perspectives in research;
Analysis of the own PhD work with a focus on sustainable development and production; Communication training with feedback;
Pedagogical form: Analysis, communication/presentation, feedback
Timetable: 21 January 2021 - 17 February 2021 (25% speed)
- Start-up meeting (21 January; 09.00-12.00; Zoom) and lecture by Lennart Wikström on Popular Science presentation
- Time to prepare with possibility to book individual supervision meetings
- Opportunity to test your presentation with the course leaders (15 February, 15.00-17.00, Zoom)
- Presentation and feedback session (17 February; 9.00-12.00; Zoom)
- Supervision feedback and reflection (17 February; 13.00-16.00; Zoom).
Department of Biosystems and Technology