PLG0052 Introductory course for PhD students, 1.5 Credits
Subjects Other Social Science
No Level Indicated
Pass / Failed
The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Accepted as a PhD student or intending to become a PhD student soon.
Introduction to a range of issues that can be of importance when attending PhD-education.
- Rights and obligations for PhD-students
- SLU values, health and wellbeing, and dealing with problems
- Publications - when, how and where
- Oral presentations
- Popular science communication
- Course curriculum in a PhD-education
- Conferences - why, how and when
- Handle your information flow
- Applications - when, how and where
- Information from Omvärld Alnarp
- Information about statistics at Alnarp
Formats and requirements for examination
Participation in at least 80% of the course.
Marking scale: Pass/Fail
Department of People and Society