PNG0075 CAPRI Modelling, 2.5 Credits
Pass / Failed
The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Accepted as a PhD student and prior knowledge of introductory level of microeconomics.
Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Describe the model structure, and the characteristics that distinguish it from other models
- Demonstrate an ability to use common features in the Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse CAPRI results
- Demonstrate an ability to modify scenarios
The course will have two parts:
1) A self-study component based on a tutorial. For this part, the course will provide literature for participants to:
- Guide them through the model installation steps
- Understand the basics of the model
- Use the basic parts in the model graphical user interface
This part should be completed off-campus, before part 2 of the course and requires an estimated total of five days of work.
2) An intensive 2,5 day training session. The course will provide literature and hands-on exercises for theoretical knowledge about the model, analysing results and modifying and simulating scenarios. Readings and sessions will be individualized to the participant’s interest and competence (basic/introductory & advanced).
Formats and requirements for examination
Written examination, active participation in the sessions and a seminar presentation.
Department of Economics