POG0059 Teaching in Higher Education, basic course, 4.5 Credits
Subjects Other Social Science
No Level Indicated
Pass / Failed
The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Admitted to the PhD education at SLU
The participants of this course develop knowledge and skills to obtain a pedagogical platform to be able to work as professional teachers at the university level.
Upon completion of this course, the participant is expected to be able to:
- Report on fundamental pedagogical concepts in a historical perspective.
- Produce a draft of a personal educational philosophy statement.
- Design diverse teaching activities/sessions justifying the method(s) of choice.
- Examine the university’s organization and learning environment in relation to the function(s) of a teacher.
- Give practical examples about how diversity can be used as a resource to enhance own teaching.
- Clearly communicate a message through an oral presentation tailored for a predefined target group.
- Observe and critically examine a teaching situation.
- Present various factors that influence processes, in both small and large groups
Formats and requirements for examination
To participation in all moments and to fullfill individual tasks
Information about all courses in pedagogic/teaching: https://internt.slu.se/pedagogiska-kurser
This course: http://sus.slu.se/kursadm/kurser/kurs.cfm?KursID=GUP_eng
Division of Planning