PVS0159 Camelid Reproduction and Reproductive Biotech, 2.0 Credits
No Level Indicated
Pass / Failed
The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Admitted to a postgraduate program in animal science, biology, veterinary medicine, food science, nutrition, nursing, or related subjects, or to a residency program in veterinary science
After completing the course the student shall be able to
- Describe the reproductive tract of camelids and how it compares with other domestic livestock
- Explain the effect of season on reproductive patterns
- Describe the challenges of working with reproduction in camelids
- Discuss the various reproductive biotechnologies that have been used in camelids and comment on their practical applications
- Explain how reproductive biotechnologies could be used to improve living standards and relieve poverty in developing countries.
The course will consist of a series of lectures, practicals and exercises. We also hope to visit an alpaca farm near Uppsala during the course.
Formats and requirements for examination
Evaluation will be based on: (i) active participation during the course; (ii) completion of an exercise presented on the last day of the course.
The course is composed of teaching/group work (40 h) and self‐study
(approximately 20 h).
Department of Clinical Sciences