Gender competence for the forestry sector
This is a course that will provide students and professionals a basic understanding of gender within the Swedish forestry sector and offer them analytical tools to, at a practical level, work on issues related to gender, inclusion and equality. After completing the course, the student should be able to utilize gender concepts and tools to analyze and reflect on practical gender equality work in relation to the forestry sector.
Additional course evaluations for SG0243
Academic year 2020/2021Gender competence for the forestry sector (SG0243-40009) 2021-03-24 - 2021-06-06
Academic year 2019/2020Gender competence for the forestry sector (SG0243-40014) 2020-03-25 - 2020-06-07
Academic year 2018/2019Gender competence for the forestry sector (SG0243-40139) 2019-03-26 - 2019-06-09
SG0243 Gender competence for the forestry sector, 7.5 CreditsGenuskompetens för skogssektorn
SubjectsForest science Forest Management
Education cycleBachelor’s level
|Introduction to gender in forest and forestry||1.50||1002|
|Organisation and leadership||1.50||1003|
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, entry requirements only from upper secondary school(G1N)
5:Pass with Distinction, 4:Pass with Credit, 3:Pass, U:Fail The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Prior knowledgeGeneral entry requirements for higher education.
Formats and requirements for examinationxxxxxxxxxx
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Responsible departmentDepartment of Forest Resource Management
Determined by: Vice dekan S-fak
There are no Grading criteria posted for this course
The course is offered as an independent course: Yes The course is offered as a programme course: Forest Science - Master´s Programme Forest Management - Bachelor´s Programme Tuition fee: Tuition fee only for non-EU/EEA/Switzerland citizens: 19027 SEK Cycle: Bachelor’s level
Subject: Forest science Forest ManagementCourse code: SG0243 Application code: SLU-40013 Location: Umeå Distance course: Yes Language: Swedish Responsible department: Department of Forest Resource Management Pace: 50%