The value chain of the forest
The course evaluation is now closed
Once the evaluation is closed, the course coordinator and student representative have 1 month to draft their comments. The comments will be published in the evaluation report.
Additional course evaluations for SH0145
Academic year 2019/2020The value chain of the forest (SH0145-20025) 2019-11-01 - 2020-01-19
Academic year 2018/2019The value chain of the forest (SH0145-20049) 2018-11-06 - 2019-01-20
Academic year 2017/2018The value chain of the forest (SH0145-20056) 2017-10-31 - 2018-01-14
Academic year 2016/2017The value chain of the forest (SH0145-20116) 2016-11-01 - 2017-01-15
Academic year 2015/2016The value chain of the forest (SH0145-20061) 2015-10-31 - 2016-01-17
SH0145 The value chain of the forest, 15.0 CreditsSkogens värdekedja
Education cycleFirst cycle
|Economy 1, For forest ownership and entrepreneursh||5.00||1002|
|The forests, forest sector and society||5.00||1003|
|Forest modeling and calculation||5.00||1004|
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, entry requirements only from upper secondary school(G1N)
Prior knowledge- Specific entry requirements A14 and
- Forestry basic programmes and
- Professional or vocational experience equivalent 6 months
ObjectivesThe student should after completed course
- master the bases in arithmetic, geometry and algebra with and without computer-aid, and be able to create and apply different mathematical models of prognostication that can be used in the forestry
- be able to carry out economic calculations (cost - and revenue analysis, result planning and capital budgetings),
- be able to illustrate how the natural forest resource is used and be processed as industrial and energy resource and be able to illustrate how it is used for recreation and conservation,
- be able to account for the different professional roles of the forestry and the forest sectors companies - and organizational structures,
- be able to highlight the forests different different values and its interested parties,
- be able to carry out basic presentation and compile and analyse a simple account
- have been trained in academic writing.
ContentThe course intends to highlight the different values the natural resource forest has. With values is intended here both economic and social values. In addition to this act a part of the course focus on the mathematical models that can be used in the forestry to describe and prognosticate economic values. Another part is about economic presentation and the preconditions for forestry enterprise and business management. Apart from lectures and compulsory study visits the course contains several compulsory exercises and a larger project work that should be presented both oral and written.
Formats and requirements for examination- If the student has not passed on a test, examiner has the right to give a supplementary assignment ? if there is cause for it and if it is possible.
- If the student has a decision from SLU about particularly educational support due to physical disability has examiner right to give an adapted test or let the student carry out the test in an alternative way.
- If this course syllabus is changed or if the course is closed down SLU should determine about transition rules for examination of students who have been admitted according to this course syllabus and still not have passed.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Additional information- The right to participate in teaching and/or supervision applies only the course date that the student has become admitted to and registered on.
- If special circumstances apply, the student has the right to participate in the part that requires compulsory attendance at a later course date. Further information is in the rule collection of the education.
- Compulsory travels with over night staying can occur. A certain cost per the over night staying will be taken out of student.