Business management and business leadership in forest sector
The course evaluation is not yet activatedThe course evaluation is open between 2022-03-16 and 2022-04-06
Additional course evaluations for SH0149
Academic year 2020/2021Business management and business leadership in forest sector (SH0149-30002) 2021-01-18 - 2021-03-23
Academic year 2019/2020Business management and business leadership in forest sector (SH0149-30036) 2020-01-20 - 2020-03-24
Academic year 2018/2019Business management and business leadership in forest sector (SH0149-30073) 2019-01-21 - 2019-03-25
Academic year 2017/2018Business management and business leadership in forest sector (SH0149-30074) 2018-01-15 - 2018-03-20
Academic year 2016/2017Business management and business leadership in forest sector (SH0149-30172) 2017-01-16 - 2017-03-21
SH0149 Business management and business leadership in forest sector, 15.0 CreditsSkoglig affärskunskap och verksamhetsledning
Education cycleBachelor’s level
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, less than 60 credits from first-cycle courses as entry requirements(G1F)
5:Pass with Distinction, 4:Pass with Credit, 3:Pass, U:Fail The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
ObjectivesThe student shall after completed course be able to:
- Account for basic theories for markets’ functions and the society aims and measures, with relevance for the forest sector;
- Describe the differences between juridical forms of business establishments, and apply some common laws concerning purchases and contracts;
- Perform and account for rate of return on investment of a smaller forest estate;
- Account for development and performance of businesses for an integrated increase in value in an enterprise;
- Account for organisation structures in the forest sector, labour laws and work environment issues;
- Account for planning, execute and evaluate project activities;
- Explain Swedish forest policy with respect to policy processes, actors, content, targets and means;
- Account for the forest situation globally and the forest functions, and also explain the forest sector international actors, processes and challenges.
ContentThe course ties together the subjects business management and business leadership. The aim is the student´s increased understanding for influencing factors on the forest sector and forest companies, for its management and development.
Business management implies here the perspective of national economy, juridical forms of business, return of investments, trade with forest products and enterprise services, and the role of the employee for the development of the businesses.
Business management provides an introduction to the forest sector’s organisation structures, project management, methods of leadership, work environment and forest policy. Finally is covered the issue of the forests and the forest industries situation and challenges in the global perspective.
Formats and requirements for examinationOral and written presentations of exercises. Passed examination as well as approved participation in compulsory moments in the course.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Responsible departmentSchool for Forest Management
Determined by: Programnämnden för utbildning inom skog (PN - S)
There are no Grading criteria posted for this course
The course is offered as an independent course: No The course is offered as a programme course: Forest Management - Bachelor´s Programme Tuition fee: Tuition fee only for non-EU/EEA/Switzerland citizens: 38054 SEK Cycle: Bachelor’s level
Subject: Forest ManagementCourse code: SH0149 Application code: SLU-30022 Location: Skinnskatteberg Distance course: No Language: Swedish Responsible department: School for Forest Management Pace: 100%