The course evaluation is now closed
Once the evaluation is closed, the course coordinator and student representative have 1 month to draft their comments. The comments will be published in the evaluation report.
Additional course evaluations for SH0154
Academic year 2021/2022
2022-03-24 - 2022-06-05
Academic year 2020/2021
2021-03-24 - 2021-06-06
Academic year 2019/2020
2020-03-25 - 2020-06-07
Academic year 2018/2019
2019-03-26 - 2019-06-09
Academic year 2017/2018
2018-03-19 - 2018-06-03
Academic year 2016/2017
2017-03-20 - 2017-06-04
Syllabus and other information
SH0154 Forestry planning, 15.0 CreditsSkoglig planering
Education cycleBachelor’s level
|Forest management plan||5.0||0203|
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirementsBachelor’s level (G2F)
ObjectivesThe course should function as a synthesis course of earlier basic courses within the Forest Management Programme. During the course are made a forest management plan to a private landowner and an exercise on a larger real estate include strategic, tactical and operational planning.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- account for planning and organisation within forestry activities;
- analyse the planning requirement and based on this assess different methods to plan and lead data acquisition;
- account too and give proposal on appropriate silvicultural measures at the stand and possession level based on the preconditions of the forest and the aim of the forest owner;
- take good consideration to biological diversity cultural heritage conservation, the forest social the host and other administrative goal that can influence the forestry;
- account for the research situation within the fields that the course treats.
ContentThis is a synthesis course of earlier basic courses within the Forest Management Programme where acquired knowledge been combined and used. some of the things you practice within the course : are to made a forest management plan to a private landowner, furthermore is carry out an exercise on a larger real estate that includes strategic, tactical and operational planning and the wood supply planning.
To be able to, adapt the forestry planning to the forest owner/the company’s activities and preconditions, be trained the students in goal formulation and planning methodology.
By using geographic information technology with remote sensing, data acquisition and processing by means of geographic information systems, be applied the mapping technique that is necessary because the student should succeed with to plan forestry in an efficient way.
To will in the working method with to permanent improve the activities are carry out applied follow-up methodology and deviation analysis where positive and negative experiences are retained continuously in a systematic way.
Formats and requirements for examinationxxx
- If a student has failed an examination, the examiner has the right to issue supplementary assignments. This applies if it is possible and there are grounds to do so.
- The examiner can provide an adapted assessment to students entitled to study support for students with disabilities following a decision by the university. Examiners may also issue an adapted examination or provide an alternative way for the students to take the exam.
- If this syllabus is withdrawn, SLU may introduce transitional provisions for examining students admitted based on this syllabus and who have not yet passed the course.
- For the assessment of an independent project (degree project), the examiner may also allow a student to add supplemental information after the deadline for submission. Read more in the Education Planning and Administration Handbook.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to participate in teaching and/or supervision only applies for the course instance the student was admitted to and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, students are entitled to participate in components with compulsory attendance when the course is given again. Read more in the Education Planning and Administration Handbook.
School for Forest Engineers
Litteraturlista, skoglig planering
All litteratur kommer att finnas tillgängligt via Canvas
Kompendium i skoglig planering
Delas ut vid kursstart
Fältinstruktion vid skogsbruksplanläggning
Delas ut under kursen
Bör ni redan ha
Svenska PEFC:s Skogsstandard
Svensk skogsbruksstandard FSC