Information from the course leader
Karl-Johan Bergstrand is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: Slutredovisning praktikkurs Time: Oct 30, 2020 09:00 AM Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna Join Zoom Meeting https://slu-se.zoom.us/j/61205202931 Meeting ID: 612 0520 2931 One tap mobile +46850539728,,61205202931# Sweden +46844682488,,61205202931# Sweden Dial by your location +46 850 539 728 Sweden +46 8 4468 2488 Sweden +46 8 5016 3827 Sweden +46 8 5050 0828 Sweden +46 8 5050 0829 Sweden +46 8 5052 0017 Sweden Meeting ID: 612 0520 2931 Find your local number: https://slu-se.zoom.us/u/cbvsKbkO2V Join by SIP email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Join by H.323 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 Meeting ID: 612 0520 2931
Hej! Glöm inte kursintroduktionen på tisdag, kl. 13:15, i Vegetums seminarierum. Vänliga hälsningar Karl-Johan
Hej! Kursintroduktion för Hortikulturell praktikkurs äger rum tisdagen den 1 september, kl. 13:15 i Vegetums seminarierum. Obligatorisk närvaro. Väl mött! Vänliga hälsningar Karl-Johan Bergstrand Kursansvarig
The course evaluation is now closed
Once the evaluation is closed, the course coordinator and student representative have 1 month to draft their comments. The comments will be published in the evaluation report.
Additional course evaluations for TD0012
Academic year 2020/2021Horticultural Practice (TD0012-40053) 2021-03-24 - 2021-06-06
Academic year 2020/2021Horticultural Practice (TD0012-30141) 2021-01-18 - 2021-03-23
Academic year 2020/2021Horticultural Practice (TD0012-20074) 2020-11-02 - 2021-01-17
TD0012 Horticultural Practice, 15.0 CreditsHortikulturell Praktikkurs
Education cycleFirst cycle
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, course specialisation cannot be classified(GXX)
Prior knowledgeCourses corresponding to 45 credits from the programme: Horticultural Management: Gardening and Horticultural Production - Bachelor´s Programme, Horticultural Management: Garden Design - Bachelor´s Programme, Horticultural Science Programme or Horticultural Science - Master´s Programme.
ObjectivesOn completion of the course, students will:
- be able to plan common tasks (estimate the time required and state the approximate timepoint) at the selected workplace
- be able to explain how, and with what equipment, simple tasks should be carried out at the selected workplace
- have knowledge of commonly used technical equipment in the workplace
- be able to describe the working roles and skills requirement within the horticultural sector on the basis of the selected workplace
- understand and be able to reflect on how underlying factors affect the execution of practical work in the business/organization
- be able to reflect over one’s own need for knowledge and development.
ContentPreparation for the practical work placement is done by the student by directly establishing contact with a possible workplace in Sweden or abroad. The course leader must approve the workplace. The course consists of practical work in an actual workplace for around nine (9) weeks where the student takes part in the work and gains a deeper knowledge of how the work is planned and carried out. During the work placement the student learns about the working environment, organisation, leadership, technical aids, customers and suppliers. The course also includes planning and organising a study visit to the work place for the contact person from SLU. A selection of the literature relating to the work placement business and an annual plan for the workplace must be reported orally and in writing.
Attendance at the work place and seminars are mandatory.
Formats and requirements for examinationThe examination consists of written assignments and oral and written presentations. To pass the course, attendance during the work placement, participation in seminars, approved assignments and approved oral and written presentation are required.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.