Project-based Course in Horticulture
TD0019 Project-based Course in Horticulture, 15.0 CreditsProjektkurs trädgård
SubjectsBiology Horticultural science
Education cycleBachelor’s level
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, at least 60 credits from first-cycle courses as entry requirements(G2F)
5:Pass with Distinction, 4:Pass with Credit, 3:Pass, U:Fail The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Prior knowledgeCourses corresponding to 60 hp in Horticultural Science or Biology plus 15 hp Business Administration.
ObjectivesThrough planning and implementation of a project in collaboration with a company, students will gain an increased insight into current issues for the horticultural and / or agricultural industry.
After completing the course, the student should be able to:
- describe and discuss methods that can be used to investigate issues and problems that are relevant to the horticultural and agricultural industries
- independently formulate an issue, search, analyze and compile relevant data and/or information in the relevant area, and discuss and evaluate alternative solutions
- plan and carry out a project work and present the results in writing and orally in a form that is adapted to the target group
ContentProject methodology and communication tools for stakeholder collaboration are introduced in the form of lectures, seminars and course literature. The main part of the course consists of independent work with own project that is carried out individually or in groups with individual specialization. The project aim is defined in collaboration with the examiner and supervisor at SLU. The work is carried out in collaboration with a host company and with the support of supervisors and should result in a written report that also includes a literature review based on scientific literature.
Lectures, excercises, reference group meetings and presentations are compulsory.
Formats and requirements for examinationThe examination of the project consists of a written report together with an oral project presentation. Requirements for passing the course are approved completion of the written and oral examination as well as approved participation in compulsory elements and seminars.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Responsible departmentDepartment of Biosystems and Technology
Determined by: Programnämnden för utbildning inom landskap och trädgård (PN - LT)
Biology field: Övriga biologikurser
Replaces: TD0002, TD0004
There are no Grading criteria posted for this course
The course is offered as an independent course: Yes The course is offered as a programme course: Horticultural Management - Gardening and Horticultural Production, Bachelor´s Programme Syllabus for Horticultural Management – Gardening and Horticultural Production (BSc) Tuition fee: Tuition fee only for non-EU/EEA/Switzerland citizens: 38054 SEK Cycle: Bachelor’s level
Subject: Biology Horticultural scienceCourse code: TD0019 Application code: SLU-20160 Location: Alnarp Distance course: No Language: Swedish Responsible department: Department of Biosystems and Technology Pace: 100%