My research is focused on forage, particularly legumes. I am working on two projects focusing on improved management strategies for establishment of lucerne in northern Sweden.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (December 2020 - To date)
Crop Production Unit, Department of Agricultural Research for Northern Sweden, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Umeå, Sweden
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (July 2017 - November 2020)
Environmental Science, College of Environmental and Resource Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Research Assistant (August 2009 - August 2010)
Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Beijing Academy of Forestry and Pomology Institute, Beijing, China
Ph. D. (September 2013 - June 2017)
Plant Nutrition, College of Environmental and Resource Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Thesis: Processes of Phytoremediation Coupled with Agro-production of Cadmium and Nitrate Co-contaminated Soils
M. Sc. (September 2010 - June 2013)
Plant Nutrition, College of Agriculture, Guangxi University, Nanning, China
Thesis: Integrated Management of Irrigation and Fertilization on Fruit Quality and Fertilizer Use Efficiency of Cherry Tomato
B. Sc. (September 2005 - July 2009)
Ornamental Horticulture, School of Landscape Architecture, Beijing University of Agriculture, Beijing, China
Thesis: Effects of Three Chemicals on Tissue Differentiation of Lespedeza bicolor in in-vitro Culture
1. Tang L., Hamid Y., Chen Z.Q., Lin Q., Shohag M.J.I., He Z.L., Yang X.E. 2021. A phytoremediation coupled with agro-production mode suppresses Fusarium wilt disease and alleviates cadmium phytotoxicity of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) in continuous cropping greenhouse soil. Chemosphere. 270: 128634.
2. Tang L., Hamid Y., Zehra A., Shohag M.J.I., He, Z.L., Yang, X.E. 2020. Endophytic inoculation coupled with soil amendment and foliar inhibitor ensure phytoremediation and argo-production in cadmium contaminated soil under oilseed rape-rice rotation system. Science of the Total Environment. 748: 142481.
3. Tang L., Hamid Y., Liu D., Shohag M.J.I., Zehra A., He Z.L., Feng Y., Yang X.E. 2020. Foliar application of zinc and selenium alleviates cadmium and lead toxicity of water spinach - Bioavailability/cytotoxicity study with human cell lines. Environment International. 145: 106122.
4. Tang L., Hamid Y., Zehra A., Sahito Z.A., He Z.L., Beri W.T., Khan M.B., Yang X.E. 2020. Fava bean intercropping with Sedum alfredii inoculated with endophytes enhances phytoremediation of cadmium and lead co-contaminated field. Environmental Pollution. 265: 114861.
5. Tang L., Hamid Y., Zehra A., Sahito Z.A., He Z.L., Khan M.B., Feng Y., Yang X.E. 2020. Comparative assessment of Brassica pekinensis L. genotypes for phytoavoidation of nitrate, cadmium and lead in multi-pollutant field. International Journal of Phytoremediation. 22: 972-985.
6. Tang L., Hamid Y., Zehra A., Sahito Z.A., He Z.L., Khan M.B., Feng Y., Yang X.E. 2020. Mechanisms of water regime effects on uptake of cadmium and nitrate by two ecotypes of water spinach (Ipomoea aquatica Forsk.) in contaminated soil. Chemosphere. 246: 125798.
7. Tang L., Hamid Y., Sahito, Z.A., Gurajala H.K., He Z.L., Feng Y., Yang X.E. 2019. Evaluation of variation in essential nutrients and hazardous materials in spinach (Spinacia oleracea L.) genotypes grown on contaminated soil for human consumption. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis. 79: 95-106.
8. Tang L., Hamid Y., Sahito, Z.A., Gurajala H.K., He Z.L., Yang X.E. 2019. Effects of CO2 application coupled with endophyte inoculation on rhizosphere characteristics and cadmium uptake by Sedum alfredii Hance in response to cadmium stress. Journal of Environmental Management. 239: 287-298.
9. Tang L., Hamid Y., Zehra A., Sahito, Z.A., He Z.L., Hussain B., Gurajala H.K., Yang X.E. 2019. Characterization of fava bean (Vicia faba L.) genotypes for phytoremediation of cadmium and lead co-contaminated soils coupled with agro-production. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 171: 190-198.
10. Tang L., Hamid Y., Gurajala H.K., He Z.L., Yang X.E. 2019. Effects of CO2 application and endophytic bacterial inoculation on morphological properties, photosynthetic characteristics and cadmium uptake of two ecotypes of Sedum alfredii Hance. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 26: 1809-1820.
11. Tang L., Luo W.J., He Z.L., Gurajala H.K., Hamid Y., Khan K.Y., Yang X.E. 2018. Variations in cadmium and nitrate co-accumulation among water spinach genotypes and implications for screening safe genotypes for human consumption. Journal of Zhejiang University-Science B (Biomedicine & Biotechnology). 19: 147-158.
12. Tang L., Luo W.J., Chen W.K., He Z.L., Gurajala H.K., Hamid Y., Deng M.Y., Yang X.E. 2017. Field crops (Ipomoea aquatica Forsk. and Brassica chinensis L.) for phytoremediation of cadmium and nitrate co-contaminated soils via rotation with Sedum alfredii Hance. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 24: 19293-19305.
13. Tang L., Luo W.J., Tian S.K., He Z.L., Stoffella P.J., Yang X.E. 2016. Genotypic differences in cadmium and nitrate co-accumulation among the Chinese cabbage genotypes under field conditions. Scientia Horticulturae. 201: 92-100.