I work with horse genomics. We use the horse as a model to investigate the molecular genetics of complex traits. The research projects focus mainly on the genetics of athletic performance, conformation traits, gaits, locomotion patterns, and hair growth.
I have a background as a Veterinarian and a Master's degree in Medical Research. I have a great interest in functional genomics and clinical genetics.
- Rosengren MK, Sigurðardóttir H, Eriksson S, Naboulsi R, Jouni A, Novoa-Bravo M, Albertsdóttir E, Kristjánsson Þ, Rhodin M, Viklund Å, Velie BD, Negro JJ, Solé M & Lindgren G. A QTL for conformation of back and croup influences lateral gait quality in Icelandic horses. BMC Genomics 2021, 22, 267.
- Johansson MK, Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Ekesten B & Lindgren G. The refractive state of the eye in Icelandic horses with the Silver mutation. BMC Veterinary Research. 2017,13:153.
- Ghosh S, Davis BW, Rosengren MK, Jevit MJ, Castaneda C, Arnold C, Jaxheimer J, Love CC, Varner DD, Lindgren G, Wade CM, Raudsepp T. Characterization of a Homozygous Deletion of Steroid Hormone Biosynthesis Genes in Horse Chromosome 29 as a Risk Factor for Disorders of Sex Development and Reproduction. Genes 2020, 11, 251.
- Velie BD, Solé M, Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Rosengren MK, Røed KH, Ihler CF, Strand E, Lindgren G. (2019). Genomic measures of inbreeding in the Norwegian–Swedish Coldblooded Trotter and their associations with known QTL for reproduction and health traits. Genetics Selection Evolution. 51, 22.
- Velie BD, Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Solé M, Rosengren MK, Røed KH, Ihler CF, Strand E, Lindgren G. (2018). A genome-wide association study for harness racing success in the Norwegian-Swedish Coldblooded Trotter reveals genes for energy metabolism and learning. BMC Genetics. 19, 80.
- Velie BD, Lillie M, Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Rosengren MK, Solé M, Ihler CF, Strand E, Lindgren G. (2019). Exploring the genetics of trotting racing ability in horses using a unique Nordic horse model. BMC Genomics. 20, 104.
- Velie BD, Smith PM, Fjordbakk CT, Solé M, Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Rosengren MK, Røed KH, Ihler CF, Lindgren G, Strand E. Exploring the genetics underpinning dynamic laryngeal collapse associated with poll flexion in Norwegian-Swedish Coldblooded Trotter racehorses. 2019 Aug 28 Equine vet J.
- Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Lawrence C, Petäjistö K, Johansson MK, Wiklund M, Olsson C, Andersson L, Andersson LS, Røed KH, Ihler C-F, Strand E, Lindgren G, Velie BD. Lack of significant associations with early career performance suggest no link between the DMRT3 "Gait Keeper" mutation and precocity in Coldblooded trotters. PLoS One. 2017; 12(5): e0177351.