Organizing a doctoral course at the Faculty of Forest Sciences
Please contact the Research School coordinators if you intend to hold and coordinate a Doctoral Course within the faculty of Forest Sciences.
The form for applying for holding a doctoral course is submitted to the faculty on the form below (link to SLU common page with forms). The completed form is sent via email to the registrar. This information should the application form contain:
- Courses at doctoral level are supported by the faculty with a sum per doctoral student who participates (61,000 SEK / 60 ECTS). For new courses, a planning grant of SEK 50,000 per course is also paid (only once per course).
- The course should be announced six months in advance via SLUkurs. In order to be able to include a doctoral course in SLUkurs, special eligibility is required, contact the course coordinator at the relevant department.
- Doctoral students outside SLU must be registered by the administrator of the doctoral program before the start of the course with name, gender, social security number / date of birth, university and national domicile in order to import them in LADOK to enable approval reporting.
- You should also inform about the course via the research students' mailing list
- In order for a planning grant to be paid, the course must have at least 5 participants who complete the course. Support is paid for all students (where at least 50% of the participants come from the faculty and for a maximum of 30 participants). Planning grants and support are requested from the faculty after the completion of the course. Use this form for applying for planning grant and support
- Another opportunity to finance courses is the NOVA University Network. In order to receive money, it is required that the course is given together with universities from two more Nordic countries. The courses are administered by the departments.
- Support from the faculty is not paid for so-called basic courses funded by the Council for Postgraduate Education (FUR).
- All courses should be evaluated after implementation.