Hålabben is the research vessel used for coastal areas at SLU Aqua in Lysekil.
Area of operation
The working area of Hålabben is coastal, with a maximum distance from the outer islands of 1 nm or 4 nm from the closest safe port. The vessel can be transported on a lorry and can therefore easily be moved between different waters.
- L.o.a: 7,85 m
- Width: 3,00 m
- Depth: 0,45 m
- Cruising speed: 24 knots
- Minimum height: 3,60 m (during transport)
Primary working duties
- Eco integration during night (primarily cod fishes)
- Trawl expeditions inshore
- Exploratory fishing of lobster
- Research fishing with fyke nets
- Sea current research
- Catch of lobster larvae using light traps