How you enter SLU affiliation when publishing
Correct affiliation is important for your publications to be found and linked to SLU and your institution in databases and bibliometric analyses such as evaluations and allocation of funds. This page provides examples on how to enter your SLU affiliation.
The name of the university
- The name of the university should be Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
Only the form of the name above should be used. This is stated in a decision by the vice-chancellor concering the name of the university when publishing (only in swedish).
In the decision only Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences is mandatory, but it is important that you also include department name. In the SLU publication database (SLUpub) the publication is linked to the department. In the validation process by the Library, the stated author address in the publication forms the basis for this link. To state the department name also gives credibility and possibility for researchers to contact you. It is also important to include the name of the country in the address.
How to write a complete affiliation
Enter the full address according to one of the two examples below:
- Department name, possible further attributes, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, postal address with box- and postal number, country
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department name, possible further attributes, postal address with box- and postal number, country
Possible further attributes could be:
- Collaborative Centres or similar which is based on collaboration
- Division name
Good examples of SLU addresses
Depending on where you publish there could be different rules for what data you can include and in what order. Below are three examples of addresses that work well:
- Department of Crop Production Ecology, Linnean Centre for Plant Biology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
- Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology, Umeå Plant Science Centre, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, 901 83 Umeå, Sweden
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Aquatic Resources, Institute of Freshwater Research, Stångholmsvägen 2, SE-178 93 Drottningholm, Sweden
Multiple affiliations are only stated when you have multiple positions
You should only use multiple affiliations when there is employment at the stated addresses and the published research has been conducted at more than one address.
Correct affiliation is important for several reasons
- In order to be able to identify a university's publication by searching for it based on the authors affiliation specified in the address. This is used by international and national actors to create the basis for bibliometric analyzes.
- To enable citation databases to identify an organization's publication. E.g. Web of Science and Scopus bring together an organization's publication to facilitate users of the database to find publications. Use of the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences ensures that the publication is included in these contexts.
- It is also important to specify the country in the address as it is a criterion used when identifying publications for an organization in Web of Science.