Open Access deals and discounts
SLU has made Open Access agreements with several large publishers.
The Swedish national library consortia together with Swedish universities and colleges has made several agreements with the publishing industry that provide authors with open access publishing at no cost. Most deals only cover publishing in hybrid journals – i.e traditional journals supported by subscriptions wherein individual papers can be made open. SLU also has agreements with individual publishers which facilitates discounts on publishing fees (APCs).
Deals and discounts sorted by publisher
Biomed Central (BMC) incl. SpringerOpen & Chemistry Central
- Coverage: All APCs get a 15% discount.
- Active period: Until further notice.
- Please note: In order for the publisher to apply the discount, your paper has to be submitted from SLUs IP-address range. If you submit papers outside of campus we recommend using VPN.
Cambridge University Press
- Coverage: The agreement covers APC-payments for CUPs gold and hybrid journals.
- Active period: 2019 - 2021
- Please note: Corresponding Author has to be affiliated to a participating institution.
- Coverage: All APCs are discounted by 10%.
- Active period: 2019 – 2021
Royal society of Chemistry
- Coverage: The agreement covers APC-payments for RSCs hybrid journals. Also, all APCs for RCS advances is discounted to a set price (750 GBP).
- Active period: 2018 - 2019
- Please note: Corresponding Author has to be affiliated to a participating institution. APCs covered by the deal is pre-paid by SLU (except for RCS Advances).
Taylor & Francis
- Coverage: The agreement covers APC-payments for T&Fs hybrid journals (Open Select).
- Active period: 2018 - 2020
- Please note: Corresponding Author has to be affiliated to a participating institution. Upon acceptance you will receive a link through which you will chose a license for your paper. The deal is limited to a total number of papers for the whole consortia; if this limit is reached, authors will bear any associated costs.