CRU PhD course: Epigenetics and reproduction, 1.5 credits
Welcome to the PhD course Epigenetics and reproduction, arranged by CRU in collaboration with SLU's Graduate School for Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences (GS-VMAS).
Course date: November 12-15, 2018
Location: SLU, Uppsala
The aim of the course is to enhance the knowledge and understanding of epigenetic modifications and how they influence gene regulation in relation to reproduction.
After completing the course the student shall be able to:
- Explain how epigenetic factors influence reproductive mechanisms
- Describe ethical aspects and use the knowledge in relation to epigenetics
- Describe epigenetic changes after assisted reproduction
- Explain mechanisms behind stem cells and their differentiation
- Implement methodology in epigenetic studies
Comparative aspects of epigenetic modifications in humans and animals will be covered as well as ethical aspects. The course will include lectures, group work and student presentations.
Minimum master degree in biology, medicine, reproductive health, nursing, veterinary medicine, animal science or equivalent.
Information and application: www.slu.se/gs-vmas-courses
Course leader: Ylva Sjunnesson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for application: October 15, 2018