Pågående forskning inom markvetenskap
The course consists of seminars given either by post-graduate students (e.g. half-time seminars) or senior scientists within the Soil Science subject at department level or within the research school Focus on Soils and Water.
Kursplan och övrig information
PNS0228 Pågående forskning inom markvetenskap, 3,0 Hp
FörkunskapskravPhD students accepted for PhD studies in Soil Science at SLU.
MålThe objectives of the course are;
- to give the PhD candidate insight in current soil science research
- to train the PhD candidate in oral and written presentation of scientific results
- to coach the PhD candidate in chairing discussion and give constructive criticism to peers.
InnehållThe course consists of seminars given either by post-graduate students (e.g. half-time seminars) or senior scientists within the Soil Science subject at department level or within the research school Focus on Soils and Water.
Examinationsformer och fordringar för godkänd kursIn order to fulfill the requirements of the course the PhD student should;
- give a half-time seminar where results from the PhD project and plans for the second half of the project is presented
- actively attend 15 seminars in the seminar series given at the Soil, Water and Environment cluster or seminars given by SLU:s graduate schools in a relevant topic
- act as chairman and discussion leader at one seminar
- participate in a group that after a half-time seminar together with the presenting PhD candidate evaluates the oral presentation. The evaluation group consists of one PhD candidate, the director of post-graduate studies at the department, the half-time opponent and the main supervisor.
Ytterligare informationPhD candidates can register for the course as soon as they have been accepted. It is compulsory to complete the course before graduation.
To get the course approved and registered in Ladok, the PhD candidate should hand in a list with the seminars which he/she attended (date, title of seminar, name of lecturer), also including the dates when the candidate acted as chairperson and pedagogic reviewer, as well as the date and title of his/her own half-time seminar. This list should have been confirmed and signed by the main supervisor and should then be sent to the department director of PhD-studies, before the "final follow-up".
Institutionen för Mark och miljö