Name: Landscape Architecture for Sustainable Urbanisation - Master's Programme
Next start: Autumn semester 2022
Study location: Uppsala
Pace of study: Full-time
Teaching form: Normal teaching
Application deadline for international students: 2022/01/17
Application deadline for Swedish students: 2022/04/19
Application code for international students: 81049
Application code for Swedish students: 81048
Degree: Degree of Master of Science (120 credits) with a major in Landscape Architecture
Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order to be admitted to the Master’s programme in Landscape Architecture for Sustainable Urbanisation.
• General entry requirements: first-cycle qualification comprising at least 180 credits or a corresponding qualification from abroad.
• Specific entry requirements: specialisation comprising 90 credits in one of the following subjects/disciplinary domains:
- landscape architecture
- landscape planning
- community planning
- physical planning
- human, social and economic geography
• a portfolio submitted as per instructions and approved.
The portfolio will be assessed according to the following criteria:
• Relevance to the subject area – has the student worked on issues within landscape architecture?
• Level of knowledge – has the student formulated the task in a relevant theoretical context?
• Skills – has the student demonstrated an ability to formulate the task in a comprehensible way in text and images?
If the portfolio meets the above criteria, the applicant is deemed qualified and considered able to profit from the programme. The assessment of the portfolio is made by the programme board for education in landscape and horticulture. The specific entry requirements stated above can also be met by someone who has received equivalent knowledge through a corresponding qualification from abroad or in some other way.
In addition, knowledge equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6 is required. According to a local SLU decision, this requirement is fulfilled by applicants who have a first-cycle degree (180 credits) from a Swedish university or have completed 120 credits at SLU. English 6 can also be obtained in other ways. These are specified on antagning.se/universityadmissions.se.
There are specific entry requirements for each course included in the programme. These are described in the relevant course syllabus.
Tuition fees for autumn 2023 degree studies: Citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland are required to pay application and tuition fees.
First semester: SEK 93 000
Total: SEK 372 000
Portfolio instructions for applying to the Landscape Architecture for Sustainable Urbanisation – Master’s Programme
A portfolio is a collection of samples from projects, assignments or other work that have been carried out during previous education or previous professional activity. The submitted portfolio should include examples from three (3) projects or assignments that illustrate, in both text and images, the student’s ability to plan or design a landscape or an environment. The balance between amount of text and images depend on the treated subject. The text must be correctly referenced and reflect the student’s choice as well as his/her relation to the illustrated landscape.
A jury assigned by SLU will evaluate the portfolio according to following aspects:
- Relevance of the treated subject – has the student worked with questions relevant for landscape architecture?
- Level of knowledge – has the student handled the subject in a relevant theoretical context?
- The skill of the work – has the student presented an ability to handle the project or assignment in words as well as visually?
The University’s evaluation of the submitted portfolio will, apart from the formal application, be the decision basis on whether the student can be accepted to the programme or not. The students will not receive comments on submitted portfolios.
- Maximum of 12 pages
- Either in A4 or A3 format
- Saved as a PDF document (max 60MB)
- The portfolio must be anonymous
The portfolio, including the presented projects/assignments within the portfolio, must be anonymous. Write only your application number from universityadmissions.se or antagning.se in the portfolio.
The portfolio should be submitted in an e-mail as a PDF-file to the e-mail address: PortfolioLASU@slu.se
Name the PDF-file “Portfolio_LASU_x.pdf” (x = your application number). In the e-mail you write both your name and application number. Write in the e-mail’s subject field: Portfolio LASU
International students should also apply to the programme at www.universityadmissions.se.
The last day for application is 17th of January 2022.
The last day for submitting the portfolio is the 1st of February 2022.
Welcome with your application to the Landscape Architecture for Sustainable Urbanisation - Master’s programme in Uppsala!
There are two admission rounds for this Master's programme. The first admission round is open to all international applicants at www.universityadmissions.se. The last date to apply is 15 January 2023. SLU strongly encourage all international students to apply in this first admission round.