SLU at the World Water Week
SLU participates in this year's World Water Week in Stockholm, August 26-31.
The World Water Week takes place in Stockholm annually. This year there will be more than 3000 participants from 135 countries. SLU will host one of the conference's field visits that are arranged for the conference participants.
The field visit will take place August 29 at a farm in collaboration with the Farming in Balance network (Odling i balans). The participants will see different measures at the farm that reduce pollution and increase sustainability. (Exclusive for conference participants.) Read more here: Balancing Ecology with Economy at Hacksta Farm by Lake Mälaren
Additionally, several SLU researchers participate in different sessions during the conference, for example:
- 26 August 09.00-10.30: Small-Scale Irrigation—The Answer to Ecosystem Health? with CGIAR-WLE/ SLU/ IWMI/ IFPRI / USAID
- 26 August 14.00-15.30: Working with the flow? Multifunctional landscapes in a changing climate with SIWI/SWH / Focali / SIANI / SLU / Gothenburg University / DHI Group / Stockholm University / Swedish Forestry Agency / CGIAR Resarch Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry
- 26 August 16.00-17.30: Financing an African Water Revolution - Falkenmark Symposium with SEI, SIWI, SRC, SLU, Sida and more
- 27 August: Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance through Safe, Clean Water and Ecosystem Health with SIWI/ SIANI / Sida / Nordea / SLU
- 29 August: Balancing Ecology with Economy at Hacksta Farm by Lake Mälaren Field visit
- 29 August 09.00-10.30: Better water scarcity management for food security and nutrition-sensitive agriculture with FAO, IFAD, SIWI, IFPRI, SLU, CGIAR WLE, USAID
The full programme of the World Water Week