Abu is the Bioinformatician of SLUBI, an infrastructure that provides support and training in bioinformatics for researchers at SLU.
SLUBI RNA seq workshop
Metagenomics, metabarcoding, eDNA, RNA seq analysis, Mycobiome
Since Feb 2022 Bioinformatician (Forskningsingenjör) of SLU Bioinformatics Infrastructure, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of plant biology, NJ, Ultuna, Uppsala, Sweden.
2020-2021 Post-doc research fellow (Forskare), Department of Ecology and Environmental Sciences, Umeå University, Umeå, Sweden.
2018-2019 Mobility Post-doc research fellow (Forskare), Dept of Virology, Institute Of Plant Molecular Biology, Biology Centre CAS, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic.
2013-2017 PhD-student (Doktorand), Institute of Botany and Landsacpe Ecology, Ernst-Moritz-Arndt Universität (Greifswald University), Greifswald, Germany.
2012-2013 Research assistant (Forskningsassistent), Department of Plant physiology, UPSC, Umeå University, Sweden.
Abu Bakar Siddique (masters thesis, co-supervisor, 2021)
Anis mahmud Khokon (masters thesis, co-supervisor, 2016)
Khan R Salehin (intern, co-supervisor, 2021)
- Siddique AB, Biella P, Unterseher M, Albrectsen BR. 2021. Mycobiomes of Young Beech Trees Are Distinguished by Organ Rather Than by Habitat, and Community Analyses Suggest Competitive Interactions Among Twig Fungi. Front Microbiol, 12. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmicb.2021.646302/full
- Siddique AB. 2020. Viruses of endophytic and pathogenic forest fungi. Virus Genes. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11262-020-01763-3
- Albrectsen BR, Siddique AB, Decker VH, Unterseher M, Robinson KM. 2018. Both plant genotype and herbivory shape aspen endophyte communities. Oecologia. Mar 1:1-11. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00442-018-4097-3
- Siddique AB, Khokon AM & Unterseher M. 2017. What do we learn from cultures in the omics age? High-throughput sequencing and cultivation of leaf-inhabiting endophytes from beech (Fagus sylvatica L.) revealed complementary community composition but similar correlations with local habitat conditions. MycoKeys 20: 1-16. https://doi.org/10.3897/mycokeys.20.112655
- Siddique AB & Unterseher M. 2016. A cost-effective and efficient strategy for Illumina sequencing of fungal communities: A case study of beech endophytes identified elevation as main explanatory factor for diversity and community composition. Fungal Ecology, 20, 175-185. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.funeco.2015.12.009
My full publication list is available here