I'm fascinated by how animals cope with difficult challenges.
The underlying causes of the challenges experienced by animals may vary considerably. Sometimes they are natural (e.g. seasonality), while in other cases, they are directly or indirectly created by human (e.g. climate change or situations that arise in hunting / fishing and farming). However, how their bodies responds to a challenge that is perceived as potentially disruptive or threatening is remarkably similar, regardless of the cause.
In my research, I try linking ecology, ethology and physiology to understand how animals deal with difficult challenges and try to assess how various challenges affect their health and welfare.
- The welfare of farmed fish at the time of slaughter
- Physiological assessments for improved welfare of farmed fish
- Best anaesthesia protocol for fish species and situation
- DigiHeart - Machine learning applied to predicting and preventing production loss in aquaculture
- FRESH - Fish REaring and Stress Hazards
Contact: Mobile: 073-7033500
Visiting address: Medicinaregatan 18 SE-405 30 Göteborg