· Microbiology (BI1248)
· Veterinary Infection Biology, Parasitology and Mycology (BI1078)
· Food Microbiology, Quality Management and Food Law (LV0107)
· Lecture on moulds identification, spoilage, toxins and positive effects of moulds
1. Performing microbial analyses of food and feed samples; mould, yeast and bacteria identification
2. Development of methods Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS) as a method for identifying moulds associated with Swedish food and feed (Su-lin Hedén, Society for Research in Veterinary Medicine, Ivar and Elsa Sandberg fund; and Carl-Tryggers Foundation).
Livsmedelsverket, Monica Olsen, Experimental mould growth and mycotoxin diffusion in different food items
Swedish Research Institute RISE, Fredrik Fogelberg, Xinmei Feng, Bean Blue – vegetarian blue mould tofu based on faba bean
Laboratoire Universitaire de Biodiversité et d’Ecologie Microbienne (LUBEM), Pr. Emmanuel Coton and Monika Coton
College of Technology, University of Bamenda, Cameroon, Pr. Aziwo T. Niba and Ambe Celine Sirri
I have an extensive background in microbiology combined with a strong laboratory and industry experience since 2004. I have been working with microbes routinely – with bacteria and microalgae during my PhD, and moulds and yeasts since joining SLU in September, 2013.
Specialist Engineer Biotechnologist Saint Petersburg State Chemical Pharmaceutical Academy 2001-2006
PhD Microbiology and Biotechnology Saint Petersburg State University 2007-2011
Supervising project students, guiding guest researchers and industry.
Lisa Maria Frisch, Technical University of Munich, Ludwig Niessen’s lab, Internship, Development of MALDI-TOF MS for identification of moulds from food and feed
Attal Arzoomand, Opportunistic pathogenic filamentous fungal species in health supplements: potential risk to immune compromised individuals Read here
Martina Näsholm, Optimising processing and sensory characteristics of Bean Blue: a blue mould tofu Read here
Agatha Sapieja, Implementation of HACCP plan for blue-mould tofu with focus on microbial hazards Read here
Everlyne Hayo, Attitudes to feed fermentation for aflatoxin management in maize in Kenya
Constantine B. Katongole, Albina Bakeeva, Volkmar Passoth, Jan Erik Lindberg (2017). Effect of solid-state fermentation with Arxula adeninivorans or Hypocrea jecorina (anamorph Trichoderma reesei) on hygienic quality and in-vitro digestibility of banana peels by mono-gastric animals. Livestock Science 199, 14-21. Read here
Birmeta, G., Bakeeva, A. & Passoth, V. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek (2018). Yeasts and bacteria associated with kocho, an Ethiopian fermented food produced from enset (Ensete ventricosum). Read here